3 days left
- Full Time
A City based leading provider of specialist insurance, investment and financial support services. They are looking to hire a HR Officer who will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative requirements of the HR department, and assist the Group HR Manager with all HR operations and advisory services to the business.
The HR Officer will provide first point of contact for all HR enquiries, and assist the Group HR Manager with improving HR processes and providing overall first class HR support for the business.
- Handling ER Up to disciplinary and grievance level, working with the Group HRM and escalating where necessary. Note taking when required
- Managing the Joiners/Movers/Leavers process and related procedures.
- Advice and administration of with policy and introduction of new policies and processes.
- Managing the leavers process.
- Compile Maternity/ Paternity and Adoptive paperwork.
- Completing reference letters.
- Assisting with the co-ordination and monitoring of the performance management process.
Learning and Development
- Liaising with the Group HRM to create a fully integrated learning and development function that satisfies the Group needs. Identifying education and learning providers, review staff training needs and supporting continual development.
- Taking ownership of junior level recruitment lifecycle, including; advertising roles, interviews, assisting line managers with decision making where appropriate and agreeing terms with recruitment agencies
- Manage effective induction process.
- Working closely with Compliance for F&P and SM&CR requirements.
- Manage the probation period for new hires to ensure all documentation is completed before passing probation.
- On-boarding of all new staff (including apprentices, interns and FTC).
- Ownership of HR projects aimed at improving ways of working and service provided to the business.
General HR Administration
- Advising managers and staff on HR policies and procedures.
- Assist with monthly payroll collation and queries.
- Assist with the management of company benefit schemes.
- Manage the HRIS (PeopleHR), arrange training and identifying ways to improve use of the system.
- CIPD qualified (Level 3 minimum)
- Two - Five years work experience in a similar position ideally within Financial Services
- Knowledge of employment related legislation.
- Extremely high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines.
- High level of numeracy.
- Ability to deal effectively and confidently with management and staff members at all levels.
- Able to use the Microsoft office suite to an intermediate level.
Flexibility, a CAN DO attitude, a hands on approach as well as acting confidentially and working discreetly is essential in this role. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for a broad HR role where they will have a lot of autonomy in a small team.
Apply for HR Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly