HR People Partner
The successful candidate will join a People Partner team that are responsible for aligning the organisation's vision and people, serving as a consultant to management across the full spectrum of HR activities.
The partner team serves as an employee champion and change agent, assessing the people impacts of the organisation's goals and anticipating HR related needs proactively.
Our client is a well known University based in London
The HR People Partner will be expected to:
- Contribute to the resource planning with academic faculties and departments, supporting the management teams in the implementation of consistent people plans and processes.
- Collaborate with wider HR service teams to ensure the implementation of an effective and aligned HR Service delivery, being the main contact for all people concerns in their business area.
- Support the delivery of the annual and transactional HR processes linked to the employee life cycle, including Performance Management, Reward and Talent Management.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of key HR projects and interventions aligned to performance improvement or business change outcomes.
- Undertake project work to support their departments to achieve change initiatives.
- In partnership with the OD function, build the capability of managers and supervisors through coaching and appropriate interventions to assist them to maximise potential and consistently raise the bar on performance. Coach Managers on the development of Personal Development Plans
- At the earliest opportunity, work with managers to understand resource requirements, and to develop plans to meet those requirements
- Advise on appropriate departmental & faculty design and help drive the implementation plans to change organisation structures.
- Coach people managers in the creation of effective and realistic development plans to ensure effective talent pools are in place. Support and facilitate talent reviews with line managers
- Advise on reward and remuneration issues, including secondments, promotions, etc. and ensure that due process is followed. Involve Pay and Reward teams where appropriate.
- Provide advice and counsel to managers and employees on all informal performance related issues, performance improvement, and terminations. Coach line managers to be confident and effective with lower level disciplinary and capability issues.
In order to be successful in the role, the HR People Partner will have the following skills and experience:
Experience and Personal Competencies:
- Strong HR Business Partner background, with a track record of delivery within a Business Partnering Model
- Demonstrable experience of delivering a range of change initiatives i.e. Organisational Design, Engagement, Development, Culture Change, Restructures, TUPE etc.
- Experience of working in a specialist area of HR - OD, L&D, Reward, Policy, ER, is an advantage
- Experience of having worked in a complex, matrixed organisation
- A high degree of collaboration, with the ability to develop strong internal networks to enable effective service delivery
- Strong facilitation skills
- A constructive, coaching style approach, with the confidence to challenge senior leaders effectively
- Experience of managing complex people issues, ideally in a unionised environment
- Degree qualification and CIPD is essential
- Postgraduate and or/professional qualification in a relevant area is desirable (i.e. HR, business admin, change management, coaching, Organisation Development)
Initial 3 month contract, with possibility of extension, daily rate c.£300 (umbrella) dependant on experience
Please note that this role will be in scope of IR35 legislation