The activities of the Payroll Manager will include day-to-day payroll management and leading on process change. Working closely with the HR Operations team, the Payroll Manager will take ownership of the UK payroll, however understanding of US payrolls would be advantageous.
Main duties include
- Management of the payroll workload, including preparing relevant analytical reports, payroll preparation, checking, processing, expensing, reconciliation and distribution for payrolls globally
- Responsibility for the administration of tax and social security obligations for staff on secondment abroad to ensure compliance
- Responsibility for the loans (personal & season ticket) process, including reconciliation and bad debt management (e.g. cycle to work scheme)
- Responsible for the UK payroll and benefit monthly updates and reports to third party suppliers (e.g. UK Pensions administrator, UK childcare provider)
- Manage and process the Tax year end and Start of Year activity ensuring compliance with HMRC and IRS to ensure the organization has no exposure to potential fines. This includes UK P60s, P11d and PSA submission
Skills and requirements
- Experience of working in a in house payroll function covering the UK and the US.
- Understanding of UK and US payroll-related legislation and statutory requirements.
- Ability to communicate complex numerical information effectively at all levels.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills with the ability to investigate and diagnose issues, and make improvements.
- Effective relationship building and influencing skills, ability to establish good networks internally and externally, while maintaining confidentiality and always showing tact, sensitivity and support.
- Lead and initiate purposeful relationships across functions and teams to encourage partnership working.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.