2nd Line Service Desk
Provide IT support via telephone, remotely or in person for the resolution of software, hardware or network issues, in line with service level agreements.
Carry out initial fault finding for technical issues & either resolve or escalate as appropriate.
Assist with IT related projects and travel to other regional sites.
The client is a leading global technology and services innovator, respected internationally for providing solutions to the most challenging problems, from deep space to the depths of the ocean.
Recognised as a world leading supplier of robust, high performance equipment and solutions that enable reliable connectivity anywhere, anytime, in the most demanding of environments.
- Responding to ServiceDesk tickets within the appropriate service delivery timeframes.
- Setup, deployment and ongoing support of client environments.
- Reporting, diagnosing and resolving technical issues within the environment.
- Complete/support leavers/moves, including permissions, equipment and systems.
- Deploying distribution packages and other software installations via delivery tool.
- Checking backups, remediating issues and tape rotation, as appropriate.
- Configuration and support of voice/video communication systems.
- Day to day support for core Desktop services.
- Active Directory and user account management.
- General network/phone/server support and administration, including patching.
- Provide 1st/2nd line support for business applications on the desktop.
- Ensuring desktop systems comply with patching policy standards.
- Operate to Cobham policies, procedures and standards.
- Support such other commensurate IT projects and activities, as required.
Minimum of 2 years 2nd line support experience essential
- A working knowledge of Windows 7/10 and Microsoft Office 2010/2013.
- Phone system support experience an advantage.
- Good understanding of networking concepts and technologies
- Microsoft, or other relevant vendor certifications desirable..
- Experience of working within a structured service delivery framework desirable.
- ITIL foundation certification an advantage.
- Customer focused and service oriented.
- An ability to logically and methodically diagnose and troubleshoot software and hardware issues.
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
Key Measure & Milestones
- Meet or exceed personal development objectives (where applicable).
- Resolving ServiceDesk tickets satisfactorily within agreed service delivery timeframes.
- Conforming to internal procedures and policies.
- Quality of problem resolutions.
A 6 month temporary contract and competitive salary working for a multi-fauceted global organisation.