Senior HR Advisor 12 month FTC
HR Advisor, Senior HR Advisor, Human Resources, HR Business Partner, HR Generalist, Employee Relations Recruit
JOB TITLE: HR Advisor/Senior HR Advisor (12 month FTC)
REPORTS TO: HR Operations Manager
- To provide operational HR expertise
- to Support Leadership Teams on all HR matters
- Implementation of HR initiatives to own business group
- Development & implementation of HR Policies and procedures across the practice
- Drive client group relationships through continuous improvement and regular review of business needs
- Establish and maintain credibility with the Local / Departmental leadership team n Maintain consistency of HR presence and practice across locations
- Effecting behavioural change in support of agreed HR initiatives and actions n Maintain an effective balance between local operational demands, overall HR policy and practice.
- Develop and manage effective internal HR relationships (Administration, Resourcing)
- Become an integrated member of Local/Departmental Management teams and play an active role in engaging and developing operational plans and objectives
- Coach Managers in implementing and developing good people management practices across the business
- Working with Local leadership team and HR Operations Manager, supporting the cascade, development and implementation of the HR plan
- Identify, develop and secure agreement to appropriate HR policies and practices to support the implementation of the agreed HR plan
- Keep the Local/Departmental team appraised of relevant HR developments, internally and externally, providing an understanding of their implications for delivery of business plans and any associated remedial actions
- Deliver training workshops to line management on key HR areas as required
- Establish work with the Local managements team to align people development practices to agreed business strategy ensuring the firms policies remain effective and are applied consistently
Recruitment and Selection
- In partnership with Resourcing team, work with managers to ensure that recruitment activity is aligned with business strategy
- Collaborate with Resourcing team to ensure correct approval levels are achieved and that data on resource requests is compliant with the resourcing framework
- Provide support in assessment interviewing and selection
- Provide advice to managers on performance and disciplinary matters to ensure that due process is followed and documented appropriately.
- Assist managers with disciplinary investigations and hearings as and when appropriate, bearing in mind factors such as manager capability and the seriousness of the matter, but as a minimum when dealing with issues where the possible outcome is at a written warning level or above
- Lead on all grievance cases with the assistance of an appropriate manager to ensure their timely and effective resolution
- Lead on all dismissal cases, including redundancy, disciplinary and capability
- Provide case management support for maternity, paternity, carer/adoption leave, long term sick etc.
- Provide case management support for compromise agreements, redundancy, relocation, redeployment and secondment matters
- Provide support to managers on absence management issues Performance Management
- Implement the performance management framework through line managers via the appraisal and ensure completion within prescribed timeframes
- Assist and advise line managers on the appraisal process
Employee Development and Succession Planning
- Bed in and operate succession planning processes and practices across local and departmental teams
- Work in partnership with management teams to identify high potential employees
- Facilitate the mobility and development of high potential employees throughout the organisation by working with both the management team and relevant stakeholders
- Support managers with team and individual development plans, ensuring capability is aligned to strategy
People Measures and Reporting
- Ensure changes in personnel data or records are forwarded through to the HR Administrator in a timely manner Conduct regular audits of employee data in partnership with the Operations Manager
- Liaise with team regarding the production of reports and statistics ahead of Monthly Management Meetings Ensure the integrity of all HR data and personal information relating to employee records providing monthly management reports as agreed with HR leadership teams
- Assist Management Teams with business development activities (e.g. providing employee data)
Communication & Change Management
- Support the roll out of communications, information sharing and any related activities
- Work with Management Teams to develop and advise on any business changes
Prepare dashboards and reports for monthly/Quarterly Management Meetings.
Ensure integrity of all HR data and personal information Salary Administration
Assist with Annual Salary Review process
Ensure all promotions and change of roles within Local/Departmental responsibility are managed within the policy framework
Provide support on Research & benchmarking salaries/benefits against internal/external comparators
Core business hours 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday (09:00 - 17:30) with one hour unpaid lunch break travel will be required across the region to be at other offices for normal business hours - travel will be expensed and flexible working could also be offered for part of the week to accomodate this.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.