Human Resources Generalist
At Solium, our business is to become the global leader in equity-based (stock) incentive and share purchase savings plan management. We specialize in the delivery of complete web-based services for the full lifecycle of equity-based incentive and savings plans. Through our technically advanced Solium Shareworks™ platform, Solium is setting the industry's service standard for the administration and execution of all types of equity-based incentives and savings plans.
Why work at Solium?
Solium is growing globally at an exponential rate, attracting some of the most leading-edge, headline-making private market customers from around the globe. Our clients are changing the world through innovative solutions to some of modern society’s most interesting issues: urban transportation, secure and efficient electronic communication and even space flight!
Since coming to the UK in 2012, Solium has had an immediate impact within the share plan industry winning various clients within a relatively short time frame. With numerous client prospects Solium EMEA are looking to emulate our North American counterparts who, with a proven track record have already achieved a high level of trust and respect with their customer base. Our focus is to provide dedicated relationship management supported by reliable back-office processes that consistently fulfill the Solium service promise. Our commitment to all of our customers is to deliver “Everyday Excellence” – service that can redefine the expectations of our customers. These core beliefs permeate our culture and enable us to continue to evolve our service delivery to a global industry-leading standard.
With offices in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Spain, Australia and Hong Kong we strive every day to work locally while thinking globally, in order to achieve service excellence.
Solium takes cultural characteristics from the industries we draw upon. We develop and maintain a sophisticated set of enterprise software products, so we embody the casual style but relentless focus that is often associated with the tech industry. But we are also a client service organization, offering support to both corporate clients and their employees.
We also employ a wealth of “numbers” people, those with backgrounds in math, finance and economics. And because we are a global organization, you’ll routinely hear English, French, Spanish, Dutch, German, Cantonese and other languages spoken in our offices. Solium offices are all about diversity. What unites us is a commitment to quality. We are all passionate people who bring our best in support of a singular focus, to be the global leader in our industry.
We think in terms of what-ifs. And we answer with:
- Innovation – We create solutions and services that make the complex manageable
- Flexibility – We offer the choices that provide compliance and convenience
- Service – We demonstrate problem-solving, reliability and accuracy in everything we do for our customers
We reward our people with a competitive compensation and benefits package and a fun, flexible work environment.
We currently have a full-time, permanent opportunity for a:
Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist will be a full-time resource in our Croydon, UK office. You will be responsible for managing and supporting the full range of human resources operations within Solium's EMEA region, including but not limited to UK, Spain and Germany. You will provide guidance and coaching to all levels of the organization regarding employee relations, performance management, attendance management, recruitment, compensation, benefits. The ideal candidate will have a passion for driving people strategies that influence and foster a positive culture and work environment.
What you’ll do:
- Consulting and advising with the Senior Vice President, HR on issues including organizational plans, succession plans, company policies and legal issues
- Partner with business leaders to identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities in line with the business strategy
- Provide HR guidance and expertise to facilitate resolution of employee relations issues. Identify and partner with internal and external resources to assist in addressing issues
- Managing and coordinating annual compensation and benefits programs
- Implementing best practices and process optimization and embracing ongoing change and development serving as a change agent for company-wide initiatives
- Support and facilitate organizational change initiatives and provide consultation and coaching to people leaders
- Leverage the use of tools, knowledge and informational sources to identify business trends and ensure appropriate solutions are in place to support the business
- Enabling the successful implementation of human resources strategies and policies to ensure global alignment in parallel with competing local pressures
- Determining and recommending employee relations practices necessary to establish positive employee relations and promote a high level of employee morale and engagement
- Influencing and executing workforce planning activities, organizational design, and alignment to business strategies in order to meet the company growth plans
- Assisting with recruiting activities to support the business objectives of all business units
- Promoting an understanding of the corporate culture and incorporating it into all practices
- Supporting corporate compensation philosophies and policies, performance appraisal and personal development programs
What You Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years Human Resources experience, OR appropriate combination of education and experience
- Level 5 or Level 7 CIPD certification preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of UK employment law; knowledge of EU employment law would be a definite asset
- Expertise or significant experience in one or more of the following specialties would be a definite asset:
- Performance management and employee relations
- Compensation and Benefits administration
- Payroll administration
- Talent management including development plans, succession planning, discipline etc
- Proven decision-making ability, both in collaboration with colleagues and independently as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt communication style to all levels of an organization
- Strong coaching and performance development experience including executive coaching
- Demonstrated HR project management experience
- Ability to build and nurture strong relationships with local and virtual team members, including a remote reporting relationship
- Demonstrated competency with common technology and technical concepts, including but not limited to email, internet, Excel and Word
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving environment which includes ongoing learning and training opportunities
- Experience with Ultimate Software (UltiPro) would be considered an asset
- A valid passport with no impediments to international travel