HR Business Partner
Fantastic opportunity to join a leading retail brand based near to the tube station
My client, a well loved retail brand is keen to find an enthusiastic and energetic individual who has the drive and experience to work in a regional role supporting several of their flagship stores. Ideal candidates will have a strong working knowledge of employment law, good recruitment skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment supporting the management teams. A background in retail and CIPD qualification would be a great advantage.
- Support HR Manager in formulating HR strategies, policies and plans in all areas of HR Management with specific focus on Retail Operations.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all stakeholders within client group to proactively address people focused requirements in the achievement of business objectives.
- Act as a single point of contact for the employees and managers within allocated client group advising on Company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining visibility amongst client group which includes regular travel to various sites and stores.
- Actively identify gaps, propose and implement necessary changes to reduce risk by influencing managers to bring forward best solutions, for example challenge organisational structures.
- Provide a systematic recruitment and selection service in order to meet the Company's resourcing needs by managing the end-to-end recruitment process ensuring vacancies are filled with individuals who have the required skill-set and competence for the business area.
- Provide advice and counselling to employees as required.
- Assist in the creation of accurate job descriptions and person specifications.
- Advise managers on the various methods for filling vacancies and make recommendations for which to use.
- Provide advice on selection tools such as personality profiling, aptitude and skills testing.
- Have a full oversight, whilst advising and supporting managers with employee relation issues (capability and performance, disciplinary issues, grievance, incapacity and long term sickness) in order to maintain a cooperative climate of employee relations in the Company. Ensure compliance with legislation in order to avoid legal action.
- Manage employee relation formalities ensuring processes are timely, fair and consistent. Be involved in hearings as HR and Company representative and minute taker. Ensure accurate documentation is maintained and records kept.
- Remain up to date on employment legislation and ensure that any changes in legislation are updated or amended in the Company's policies and procedures and communicated as required.
- Act as the performance improvement driver and provoke positive changes in people management.
- Coach and where necessary carry out training sessions with line managers on HR related issues including appraisals, performance management, recruitment and selection.
- Assist managers in identifying training needs and arrange in-house or external training as requested as per training and development procedures.
- Evaluate training courses for effectiveness for future use.
- Manage HR projects cross functionally including complex and challenging initiatives.
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
- CIPD Qualified or equivalent
- Generalist HR professional with 5 years plus experience (if possible)
- Experience of generalist HR within a retail environment
- Experience of end to end recruitment
- Solid ER / Employment law experience
- Previous exposure to senior management
- Excellent organisational skills to manage own workload.
- Must have good communications skills both written and oral.
Apply for HR Business Partner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly