Resourcing ensures the effective utilisation and development of on and offshore resource. Its responsibilities range from workforce planning and headcount management to demand and supply management for client engagements.
My client are a leading global firm within professional services.
* Responsible for managing the overall resource management delivery and resourcing strategy.
* Work closely with the People Leader group to ensure effective use of staff through cross region staff planning/resource management, including sharing staff across offices during times of stretch in particular locations and that appropriate responses are made to free up staff for new work.
* Prepare relevant resource management information and position solutions to aid resourcing decisions.
* Promote and maximise the off-shore capability groups to leverage profitability on engagements.
* Understand future pipeline and sales projections, and the implications these have on resource needs, to ensure a proactive and forward looking approach to resourcing of client needs.
* Act as the escalation point for resource issues/conflicts and provide guidance/decisions on resource solutions.
* Attend and present at People Leader meetings to provide resource management insight to support business planning decisions.
* Maintain accurate headcount forecasts for central reporting including tracking all leavers/joiners/secondments to ensure resource is maintained at an appropriate level.
* Maintain strong links with the resource management community across Audit and build cross functional relationships to ensure we consistently apply best practice resource management methods.
* Work closely with Global Mobility and Experienced Hire to manage recruitment needs and pipeline.
* Facilitating the continuous improvement of resource management processes and procedures by proactively taking the lead on ad-hoc projects as required.
* Support One Firm Resource Management projects and initiatives to support the continuous improvement of the resource management function.
* Propose ideas for improvement and execute change management programmes
* Implement action plans to address areas of improvement identified both for Resourcing and wider functional department
* Responsible for the performance management of Resource Advisors at all grades.
* Lead, develop and motivate staff taking full responsibility for individual and team performance management, coaching, development and communications.
* Support individual goal setting in line with personal development and career aspirations.
* Recruitment and selection of new team members as appropriate.
* Excellent relationship management and communications skills by demonstrating the ability to build strong relationships with senior members of staff
* Resilient and capable of working in a challenging, continuously changing environment.
* Confident, assertive and have the ability to prioritise and manage both the workload of themselves and the team within which they operate.
* Ability to influence strategic resourcing, training and recruitment decisions through presentation of information that is timely and informative.
* Proactive self starter and ability to work without direction/minimal guidance and take responsibility for own work and that of others to achieve business solutions.
* Willingness to travel regularly within the UK to London and South offices.
£45,000 - £53,000