Apprenticeship and Training Manager
The Apprenticeship and Training Manager plays a pivotal role in the development of the company's L&D strategy. The primary function of the role is manage and develop the apprenticeship programmes across multiple disciplines as well as administering the apprenticeship levy. This covers the full recruitment cycle, induction, & ongoing stakeholder management.
The other key element is training delivery across multiple soft skills programmes.
Our client is a major business with an international reach and scope.
The role of Apprenticeship and Training Manager for this company in Basingstoke will focus on:
- Manage apprenticeship across the UK business.
- Manage engineering apprenticeship programme, including:- advertising, first stage recruitment and support with the selection of new engineering apprentices. Develop pro-active attraction methods to ensure suitable qualified candidates available.
- Work with Apprentice Development Officers to ensure performance of engineering apprentices is maintained at the highest level.
- Work with Technical training department in managing and communicating engineering apprenticeship training to meet expectations of the programme and report on progress monthly.
- Manage and promote the People Development Programme (the internal apprenticeship programme) and track and report progress of all delegates monthly.
- Be responsible for tracking the spending for all apprenticeship related training.
- Work with Marketing in the effective delivery of Apprentice Induction Day and Apprentice of the Year.
- Raise the profile of the programme so that the company is an employer of choice for engineering apprenticeship across the UK delivering both local and national initiatives to achieve this and internally support the employee engagement agenda.
The preferred candidate profile for this role will be able to offer -
- Current/recent experience managing and running an Apprenticeship Programme.
- A deep understanding and knowledge of the Apprenticeship Levy.
- Wider experience within the L&D and employee Development field - training delivery experience (soft skills preferred) is pretty much essential, and any experience within TNA and training design would be a great advantage.
- Must be happy and able to travel nationally and frequently in the delivery of this role - circa 25% of the time.
The role of Apprenticeship and Training Manager comes with a competitive salary as well as:
- Company car.
- Pension scheme, where the company contributes 6%.
- Private medical.
- 25 days holiday.