Senior HR Manager - HR Services - Oldham
We’re in one of the most exciting periods in the history of Guinness and have set ambitious, challenging objectives for the future. Our strategy is all about our vision for creating an amazing organisation. For the first time it defines Guinness as a customer service business with a real focus on making sure every customer has a great experience, every time they interact or transact with us.
To help us to achieve our vision we’re looking for an outstanding Senior HR Manager to work at our Shared Service Centre in Oldham, Greater Manchester. Reporting to the Head of HR Services, the successful candidate will have a passion for technology development and will lead and progress the HR Operations team to deliver an effective customer focused service for both our internal and external customers.
Key to success in this role will be your ability to build strong co-operative relationships with the HR leadership team and key stakeholders across the business. We are looking for a Senior HR Manager with a desire to deliver innovative solutions and change to continuously improve the service, particularly through championing the use of leading HR practice and technology.
- Develop and lead the HR Operations team to deliver an effective, efficient and high performing, customer focused service
- Design and deliver services across HR Operations, Payroll and HR Systems to meet the evolving needs of Guinness, technology and automation developments, and employee expectations.
- Work with key stakeholders across the HR function and the whole of Guinness to ensure a seamless, joined-up HR service.
- Ensure HR controls, security and quality measures and compliance practices are in place, monitored and effective, and meet legal, audit and regulatory requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to create robust people metrics; oversee the integrity of HR systems and the production of insightful HR data and MI.
- Ensure in-depth analysis of people and service data and production of written reports to drive improvement initiatives within directorates and across Guinness.
- Maintain the integrity of the HR Policy Framework, ensuring policies and procedures are regularly reviewed and reflect legislation and our People Strategy.
- Oversee the performance and contracts of third party suppliers.
- Provide a proactive support service to Guinness Care in line with agreed SLA’s.
- Provide proactive leadership support to the Head of HR Services.
- Significant experience and expertise across all aspects of HR, including payroll, HR Systems, HR policies & procedures, Employment Law, TUPE, pensions and HR Administration.
- Proven experience of leading, managing and motivating teams.
- Proven experience of providing excellent customer service.
- Proven experience of working to deadlines and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Experience managing third party suppliers and SLAs
- Experience of preparing and managing budgets
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, with advanced excel skills (including pivot tables)
- Knowledge of working with and improving HR Systems.
- Good analytical skills and the ability to provide accurate and insightful data and MI with analysis and recommendations.
- Good oral and written communications
- Able to demonstrate the Guinness Behaviours
- Able to demonstrate The Guinness Leadership and Management Standard
- Educated to degree level and/or relevant experience Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- Housing sector experience
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses