HR Business Partner
Our client, a global law firm known for their commercial awareness, industry knowledge and for providing innovative and tailored solutions for every client is looking for a part-time HRBP for four days per week split between the Amsterdam and Rotterdam offices.
Reporting to the Senior Human Resources Partner, you will provide generalist HR services and will be responsible for firmwide project.
* Supporting the Senior HRBP team in the definition and delivery of HR strategy/plan for the Practice Groups in your location, in line with the People Strategy.
* Implementing key firmwide people related initiatives within the client group.
* Acting as a business partner to managers/partners. Delivering performance management, budgeting, workforce planning, project and change management.
* Exploring and challenging team structures to improve efficiency and effectiveness.Influencing and being part of project teams delivering business strategies and initiatives. Preparing staff overviews and compiling reports as well as analyzing detailed information.
* Coordinating the administration process relating to (trainee) lawyers (permanent) education.
* Campus/student recruitment policy and execution (monthly luncheons, job fairs, sponsor deals etc).
* Responding to questions from employees and managers about HR issues by email and by telephone.
* Challenging existing HR ways of working to ensure maximum efficiency across all day to day activities.
* Drafting of contracts, various letters, payroll input, memos, holidays, overtime, travel allowance, temporary agents, new joiners, insurances, etc.
* Supporting the business in driving and managing change (to leaders, role structures, new ways of working, use of new skills etc.) effectively, using change management tools and processes to ensure that teams continue to operate effectively.
* Coaching partners and managers and being their trusted advisors, not just on people issues but on business decisions and direction.
* Monitoring, measuring and reporting on HR issues, opportunities and development plans and achievements, through HR data analysis, to enable fact based decision making.
* Influencing reward decisions effectively within the practice group, ensuring compliance with the firmwide Reward approach and fairness & consistency of decision making. Co-ordinating the salary review & bonus allocation process for the relevant teams, taking accountability for ensuring that decisions are accurately captured and processed.
* Understanding the International priorities of the practice groups and promoting international mobility. Supporting both outbound and inbound international assignees and the relevant processes associated with international mobility, including package negotiation and arranging sponsors, performance management and repatriation.
* Leading the learning agenda within teams, and promoting participation in the relevant programmes for individuals depending on their performance and potential. Collaborating with the partners to develop talent and succession plans, working to ensure that the diversity profile of the practice groups improves in line with the firms objectives for inclusivity.
* Delivering training sessions to line managers on all relevant aspects of the HR annual cycle.
* Understanding and being able to explain the benefits of all the programmes in the core career programmes to enable the identification of the right individuals to participate and then 'sell' the programme to them. Supporting the Senior HRBPs to agree the core career programme nominations for the practice groups.
* Support the employee engagement agenda within your location/s. Understand and translate the employee engagement survey 'Pulse' results into meaningful action plans which are communicated within teams and acted upon. Encourage CR and probono activity and participation within client groups as part of engagement agenda.
* Managing vacancy approval, and supporting the recruitment team to deliver external and internal recruitment for the practice groups. Ensuring the recruitment team are able to build an understanding of the practice group commercials and dynamics, and have access to line managers to enable effective recruitment processes.
* Managing the onboarding of all external candidates from induction planning onwards.
* Trainees - ownership of trainees during their seats in the practice groups, and inclusion in talent planning activities.
* Well-developed diplomacy, listening and influencing skills. You will demonstrate a range of influencing skills, personal impact and communication skills that will ensure success and command instant credibility at all levels of the firm.
* Excellent IT skills; competent Excel skills essential. The ability to use information systems highly desirable.
* Excellent level of spoken and written Dutch and English.
* Experience with the Dutch labour law and work councils.
* Confident and credible in dealing with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
* Strong financial acumen and ability to understand the performance of the practice group and teams. Numerically agile and able to understand and interpret complex salary and performance data to influence decisions.
* A good understanding of how to add value in the HR arena and demonstrate this value within an organisation.
* Creative, commercial and able to think laterally in identifying and developing opportunities. In this role, you will need to have the ability to work with minimum supervision, in an autonomous and independent way.
SR Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.