Senior Resourcing & Talent Manager
An amazing opportunity for an experienced Senior Resourcing and Talent Manager is now available with a West End based Private Equity business.
The job holder's primary responsibility is to provide a firm-wide world class resourcing service to meet current and future business needs. A secondary objective is to support and develop the Firm's talent management processes.
The HR team has a strong customer service orientation and team ethos. Team members consult widely with one another, collaborate and work across boundaries. It is critical that the incumbent shares these values.
We are looking for 1st class candidates with strong experience within Financial Services, ideally with some exposure within Private Equity.
- Advise on all aspects of recruitment and selection within the firm and be accountable for the recruitment for all staff up to Partner level
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the recruitment market place ensure that the firm continues to attract and close talented candidates.
- Provide accurate benchmarking where appropriate, in particular to support the firm's annual review process
- Proactively meet with Function Heads to review recruitment requirements and costs for the year ahead and ensure authorisation is obtained from the COO. Ensure all annual recruitment activity is budgeted for
- Oversee the smooth running of the MBA recruitment drive twice a year
- Proactively use of Social Media to maximise direct recruitment and regularly explore / use other direct sourcing methods.
- Oversee agency relationships and performance.
- In conjunction with Partner HR and Corporate Psychologist review and, where appropriate, implement and evaluate alternative psychometric testing methods
- Offer new approaches to recruiting roles, for example via new testing approaches, new interview processes etc
- Work closely with executive search firms where appropriate including managing the firm selection process, candidate spec, communication, interviews, offer process and fee arrangements
- Ensure the current Applicant Tracking System meets business needs and is running smoothly
- Track recruitment performance - speed to recruit, cost savings, offers rejected, proportion of applicants successfully recruited. Speed to hire is a key performance measure
- Manage the Careers page on the web site
- Manage and promote the employee referral policy
- In conjunction with Partner, HR and Head of HR Operations, review employees' learning & development needs
- Implement targeted L&D programmes across the company and open up courses to a wider audience where possible
- Source new training providers where appropriate
- Manage the mentoring programme
- Participate as an assessor in the twice annual Talent Management Centre
- Working with the HR Partner (and Head of HR Operations where appropriate):
- Proactively partner with the Finance Director, his Deputy and management team in an HR Business Partner capacity
- Conduct twice yearly talent review
- Implement L&D initiatives such as training courses, coaching, mentoring with individuals
- Review the career path and guidance set out for Finance
- Advise on people issues in the departments including promotions, succession planning, exits etc
- Conduct annual salary and bonus review
- Provide regular statistics via a "dashboard" on turnover/joiners/leavers/key HR issues to the Board and other Committees
- Provide significant input to the HR budget and monitor budget against actual throughout the year
- Manage the Recruitment & Training Coordinator including overseeing the efficient management of the work experience programme, contractor renewals and the MBA logistics
- INHOUSE EXPERIENCE IS A ESSENTIAL.
- Intellectual horsepower
- Substantial in-house experience in recruitment & selection. Strong individual track record, including track record in continuous improvement / innovation
- Experience in PE sector an advantage
- Talent Management experience
- Experience in blue chip organisations or Professional Services
- Experience in a recruitment agency in addition to in-house recruitment would be an advantage
- Relevant Bachelors degree, CIPD or Masters degree an advantage
- Presence and credibility at all levels, both internally and externally
- Output focus combined with high quality standards
- Ability to consistently handle a high-volume workload and to multi-task
- Commercial acumen. Negotiating ability
- Independently minded but also flexible
- Persuasive across different audiences
- Strong personal leadership
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing
- Strong continuous improvement orientation
- Ability to see the wider picture
- Team player
- "Real world" perspective rather than being driven by process, 'best practice'