Head of People - Northamptonshire
3 days left
- Full Time
Spurgeons is one of the UK's leading children's charities, firmly supported by Christian beliefs and values, helping to support disadvantaged children and their families through delivering projects to support children, young people, their families and communities to find long-lasting solutions to the challenges they face.
We are passionate about the work we do and need equally committed members on our team to help us achieve those goals.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people we serve. This post is subject to necessary safeguarding checks including an appropriate level DBS Disclosure.
Spurgeons is a Living Wage Employer
Head of People (salary up to £50,448)
We are recruiting an experienced and passionate Head of People to drive forward our people programme. Working alongside our Chief Operating Officer, this new role will be pivotal in helping us attract and retain a team that helps us fulfil our vision to give every child the opportunity of a hope filled life. As well as managing all aspects of HR and the day to day performance of a team, the Head of People will be responsible for knowledge and skills; recruitment and retention; and ongoing talent management. To perform well in this role, you will need to:
- Be both strategic and operational with a driven and positive attitude; and an ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from across the charity.
- Lead the design and delivery of the charity’s HR and Knowledge and Skills strategy, along with the related policies and processes, and drive forward our approach to talent management.
- Provide expert advice and guidance to the Board, CEO, senior executive and managers in relation to HR strategy, performance management, reward and benefits, talent management and employment legislation.
- Advise and lead on the people implications of workforce changes through TUPE transfers in/out, mergers, acquisitions and restructures and to ensure people policies and practices remain aligned.
- Manage an HR/K&S teams through a significant period of development and change whilst ensuring we look to deliver continuous improvements and excellence.
- Demonstrate our values of being hopeful, compassionate and inclusive and act as an organisational ambassador both internally and externally.
- Really want the job so you can play a part in the next chapter of our 150 year story.
The role is central office based, (Rushden, East Northants), working predominantly ‘office hours’ with occasional evening work. With services based across England (including Norfolk, Kent, Sussex, London, Peterborough, Wiltshire, Birmingham and Buckinghamshire), you will need to be able to travel nationally in order to work effectively with our service delivery teams.
To find out more visit www.spurgeons.org/joinus or call Leona Sharooni on 01933 412412
Please click on the 'apply' button below.
Please note if you do not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date we are afraid that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Department: Human Resources
Apply for Head of People - Northamptonshire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly