HR Manager - London
IDG one of the worlds leading digital technology organisations is now seeking a confident, strategic, and business-focused HR Manager to join the team in the UK. This HR Manager will be responsible for consulting and partnering with senior leaders across IDG internationally in areas such as employee relations, performance management, organizational design & development, compensation planning, legal compliance and recruitment. Upon joining IDG, you can expect a stable yet fast-paced work environment along with a culture that rewards, recognizes, and respects achievement.
The HR Manager based in the UK will report into the SVP HR based in the US. This person will be responsible for building internal business partnerships, providing developmental coaching to managers and employees of all levels across the organization, and offering creative solutions to business challenges that may arise. The HR Manager will also be responsible for regularly questioning the norm to ensure IDG’s HR function continues to evolve and will sit in on task-teams related to the larger HR community when necessary.
- The HR Manager will learn the IDG Communications business and understand it’s goals and challenges in order to translate business objectives into the appropriate HR actions and initiatives including:
- Managing and facilitating resolution of employee relations matters
- Coaching managers through performance management process
- Partnering with group leaders to learn the business and ensure current organizational/group structures align with business goals
- Managing reorganizations and organizational development process
- Consulting with managers and playing an active role in the annual compensation planning process
- Collaborating with other HR team members on HR related programs and practices
- Independently recruiting for open positions where necessary
- Acting as an agent for change
- 8-10 years of HR Generalist, HR Business Partner, or HR Manager experience
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills along with a strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to influence and form relationships with senior leaders
- Ability to work independently and also interact with employees across all levels of the organization
- Prior recruiting experience and the ability to develop creative business solutions
- Experience facilitating resolutions in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment
- Vast experience with navigating international employment law specifically the UK
- Knowledge of technology and/or digital media industry is a plus
- Experience with M&A a bonus
To find out more please contact our advising consultants Morgan Rutherford Associates on 0208 334 9921/07903 802460 or e-mail your cover letter and CV by clicking on the ‘apply’ button below.