HR Business Partner - Southampton
GLEN DIMPLEX HEATING & VENTILATION: HR BUSINESS PARTNER
Glen Dimplex is a privately owned international organisation (founded in 1973), and is the world’s largest manufacturer of electrical heating appliances. Glen Dimplex Heating & Ventilation (GDHV), a key division within the organisation, delivers innovative, energy-efficient space and water heating, ventilation and heat recovery solutions for domestic, commercial and industrial markets around the globe. With an impressive brand portfolio at our disposal (including Dimplex; Redring; Valor; Xpelair; Creda; Nobo; Faber; Campa and Ability), and ambitious plans to grow organically and by acquisition, this is an exciting time to join the organisation. With divisional offices in10 locations across the UK, Ireland, Norway and Germany, supporting circa 1,200 employees, this is a challenging but rewarding role, and provides an excellent opportunity for a career orientated HR professional to continue to develop within an international organisation.
While this role is based in Southampton, the successful candidate will be required to support the business across all UK and Ireland locations which will necessitate a degree of travel to other sites. This is a full-time, permanent role and will require a considerable degree of commitment, flexibility and adaptability on the part of the post holder.
As an HR Business Partner you will provide commercially focused solutions across a range of HR disciplines, with a bias towards attracting, retaining and developing talent, organisational change, employee relations, and employee engagement. You will work in partnership with managers across the business to proactively deliver purposeful and innovative HR solutions in line with changing business needs.
- Contribute to and support the delivery of the HR strategy in line with strategic business objectives
- Support the development and continuous improvement of HR systems and policies in line with best practice
- Drive and deliver HR initiatives to support business needs, such as recruitment, talent development, employee engagement, recognition & reward, management development and organisational change
- Work in partnership with management teams to identify opportunities and areas of improvement to support improved organisational and people performance in line with business needs
- Guide and coach managers on employee relations and HR issues in line with Company policies and best practice, including disciplinary, grievance, performance, absence management and employee engagement
- Support other roles within the HR team as required with other projects and operational issues, e.g. Learning & Development
Person Specification: HR Business Partner
- Applicants must have a good standard of education up to Degree level and be CIPD qualified (ideally MCIPD level).
- A minimum of 5 years’ recent practical experience of working in a role where they have proactively partnered with managers to progress the people agenda.
- Demonstrable experience of working in partnership with managers to deliver innovative and proactive HR solutions that are focussed on meeting business needs e.g. organisational change projects, restructuring, culture and/or process change
- Excellent understanding of HR best practice and ability to apply this to employee relations and industrial relations situations
- Practical experience of working in a HR department within a complex, multi-site, output driven, unionised environment
- A sound understanding of employment legislation and relevant codes of practice across relevant jurisdictions (UK, NI, ROI), with the ability to apply this knowledge practically to workplace situations. Applicants must have experience and knowledge of operating within at least two of these three jurisdictions, and be willing to acquire experience and knowledge of the third.
- Experience of streamlining, improving and automating existing processes
- Experience of managing the HR aspects of the Company’s statutory obligations and/or completing statutory reporting e.g. General Data Protection Regulations, Gender Pay Gap Reporting etc
- Experience of delivering training to managers on HR policies and procedures
- Experience of formal report writing
- Experience of using and maintaining HR Information System integrity
Skills and Competencies:
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels, and have the confidence to challenge when required
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in a demanding environment
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- High level of competency in the use of MSOffice packages
- Good verbal, written and numerical skills
- Credible, proactive professional
- Creative and innovative problem solver
- Team player with a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- Tactful, diplomatic and approachable
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Competent in dealing with difficult situations
Apply for HR Business Partner - Southampton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly