The HR Manager will work closely with the senior management team in this family run business whilst proactively advising on best practice HR, taking a hands-on role dealing with projects, assignments and case work
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of a close and friendly team at this exciting and fun organisation which not only develops its own products but acts as a leading retailer in its field.
The role is split across two sites; in Leeds and East Yorkshire with two different work-forces - head office and distribution/manufacturing.
The key priorities of the role are to:
- Deal with all aspects of employee relations: absence, disciplinary matters, grievances and sickness
- Lead on performance management issues and coach managers on performance management and processes
- Manage recruitment and retention: including talent and succession planning; taking overall responsibility for recruitment activity and campaigns
- Lead on learning and development: provide guidance on development for managers and their teams, including working with external suppliers of learning and development
- Oversee the company's apprentice scheme
- Line manage and mentor the HR Assistant
- Act as a strategic advisor to wider business
The ideal person will have the following experience:
- Previous worked in HR Business Partnering/ Advisory roles
- Previous worked within a generalist HR function, preferably in a small / family run business
- CIPD or equivalent qualification
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders
- Acted as a strategic advisor to wider business
£40,000 + wider benefits. There is also the option to work part-time.