Permanent HR Advisor Role based in Nuneaton, Warwickshire
Your new company
A growing business that supports the automotive sector that has a UK site based in Nuneaton with a global reach. A truly impressive site that is well known within the industry and local market.
Your new role
As UK HR representative you will report into the Global HR function and be guided by the senior management team in UK, Fundamentally you will be the point of contact for all HR issues in the UK and take ownership of the following:
- Development of local HR & Admin procedures in line with QMS requirements.
- Maintaining HR files for all employees and that the information we hold is allowable under General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
- Assist managers to deliver their training budgets including sourcing training providers and venues.
- To obtaining feedback to assess the success of the staff development Co-ordination of new starters and leavers, ensuring all necessary processes are followed.
- To support internal coaching / mentoring to development our staff Monitoring of employee, attendance, holiday and sickness using the Time Management System.
- Maintenance of the employee handbook.
- Maintenance of local HR policies in line with Global requirements.
- Supporting staff & line managers in all staff management & recruitment items.
- Liaising with the EEF (employment law advisors) where applicable.
- Also to ensure a robust Induction process is achieved.
- Maintenance of the company car and pool car fleet, renewals, lease set-up etc.
- Deputise for the Site Administrator to cover purchase orders, travel and hospitality.
- Organise the provision of corporate workwear for staff
- Maintenance of high standards of confidence when dealing with sensitive employee and company information and issues.
- Understand business context to provide specific advice to Managers Support and work proactively with managers to engage their employees around values, strategy and objectives
- Work with Managers to understand future requirements and act upon them
- Provide leadership on the people aspects of business plans
- Work with managers to plan organizational change in business units, considering change impact and people implications
- Provide solutions to the business management on people and organizational issues
- Support and work proactively with people development and coach
- Managers in their role on people-related processes
- Drive employee engagement and employer branding related activities
- Update, work proactively and inform managers about HR-related topics, update HR-news on Connect both globally and on local pages
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will have had previous experience of:
- Recruitment of Engineers - have a good network to tap into, have ideas on how to attract and retain candidate
- Have worked within a stand alone advisor role previously.
- Good working knowledge of HR requirements through experience and / or qualification (CIPD Level 3).
- Good standard of education (GCSE's or equivalent including maths and English).
- Demonstrated skill and ability to deliver high standards of internal and external customer service and communication.
- Proven strong organisational skills and planning abilities.
- Ability to provide advice on employment terms, conditions, policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, including, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines, e.g. reporting deadlines and timely preparation of materials.
- Established self-starter, able to perform the role with minimum supervision.
What you'll get in return
A fabulous opportunity within a growing business that offers career and skill development supported by an experienced and supportive global HR function.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.