Payroll and Pensions Administrator
The post holder will report directly to the Senior Pensions Officer and will be part of the Pensions Admin team within the Resources Directorate.
Brent is a tremendously vibrant London borough where the iconic arch of Wembley Stadium dominates the skyline. Spanning both inner and outer London, it is a borough of huge contrasts in terms of its economic, environmental, ethnic and social make up. Brent's diversity is evident to all who visit our borough and our long history of ethnic and cultural diversity has created a place that is truly unique and valued by those who live and work here.
The council is pursuing a far-reaching transformation agenda that better meets the needs of our community so it is an exciting time to join us.
- To assist in the day to day running of an effective and efficient Payroll service which includes salary, pension and expenses administration and operation - with due regard to employment legislation and Council policies and procedures.
- Provide support to the Payroll Specialist on monthly reconciliation of all statutory and voluntary deductions.
- Assist in the preparation of Annual Returns to the Inland Revenue and DSS, ensuring all deductions are correctly calculated and paid over to the appropriate organisation
- Assist in the provision of an effective pension administration service for the schools, Councils, ensuring that all operations are carried out with Council's financial regulations, pension scheme rules and audit requirements.
- To advise Managers and staff on a range of simple payroll and pensions issues.
- Assist with the development, implementation and review of all Payroll & Pension handbooks, manuals, policies and procedures.
- Provide support in ensuring that all data on manual and computerised payroll, pensions and HR records is accurate and up to date, and that confidentiality is fully respected
- Participate in training and team development activities, to update knowledge and skills.
- Carry out duties with due regard to the Council's Customer Care, Equal Opportunities, Information Governance, Data Protection and Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding is everyone's responsibility and all employees are required to act in such a way that at all times safeguards the health and well-being of children and vulnerable adults.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the general level of responsibility of this post.
- Payroll and/or pensions experience gained in a complex organisation, (it is desirable but not essential that this should be in the education or public sector)
- Knowledge and experience of pensions and/or payroll systems or other similar database systems
- Good understanding of data protection and security legislation
The role provides the opportunity to gain transferable skills which are valuable for career development. It also provides the opportunity to learn something new (if you have not previously worked in Pensions) with the opportunity to progress into other areas of Finance.
THIS IS A TEMPORARY POSITION