A HR Advisor is required for a 6 month contract based in Chelmsford
Your new company
A government organisation requires a HR Advisor on a contract basis of 6 months. This role is open to candidates looking for full time or part time hours
Your new role
You will support the HR Manager in providing a professional Human Resources generalist service to the designated division Provide a professional HR generalist advisory service to a designated group of staff and be a proactive member of the wider HR Team in the delivery of the HR Strategy.
Work with the HR Manager to provide advice and support to line managers on the management of sickness absence.
- Liaison with the HR Advisory team to ensure joined up approach.
- Providing advice and guidance to managers on all aspects of sickness absence management in accordance with policy and employment legislation including the analysis of sickness absence reports.
- Where levels of sickness absence are identified as a cause for concern, advise and support line managers in the conduct of sickness absence interviews as appropriate.
- Advise on referrals to, and information received from Occupational Health with regard to individuals returning to work.
- Consider and advise on redeployment, ill-health retirement or termination whilst being mindful of employment legislation and Trust policies
Advise employees and managers on maternity, paternity, adoption and parental leave entitlements in accordance with employment legislation
Assist the HRMs in providing in-house training courses and workshops on HR related subjects to managers and staff from a range of disciplines, as required. Undertake briefings to managers and staff on HR issues ensuring relevant information is communicated and any resulting action understood.
Undertake inductions for new managers in HR practices and procedures.
Support the HRMs in the updating of delegated HR policies, procedures and guidelines in accordance with relevant employment legislation as directed.
Be a point of contact for sensitive and confidential issues such as bullying and harassment and use empathy and sensitivity when advising on or implementing an appropriate course of action.
Redirect staff and line managers to the HR Advisory team as and when formal investigation and action is required.
Provide advice to managers on employment legislation, best practice and Trust policies, procedures and guidelines to include the following areas:
- Performance Management.
- Terms and Conditions of Service.
- Equality & Diversity Issues
- Annual Leave.
Together with the Recruitment Co-ordinator, advise managers on the recruitment of the highest calibre, appropriately qualified staff in order to secure a highly motivated and productive workforce whilst ensuring compliance with Policies and Employment Legislation. This will include:
- Sitting on interview panels, as required, to ensure a fair and transparent process is followed and that the selection process does not contravene discrimination legislation.
- Advising managers on the preparation of job descriptions and person
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful you will hold a Degree or equivalent level of ability gained through vocational experience.
Have substantial proven experience in a junior HR operational or similar support role, dealing with absence management. You will be experienced in providing generalist HR advice on a range of people management topics and experience of supporting disciplinary investigations, sickness management
What you'll get in return
A 6 month contract
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.