Cardiff, 35 hours per week
Circa £28,000 per annum
How we work:
Action for Children does what’s right, does what’s needed and does what works for children in the UK. Every year, our team changes the lives of 370,000 children, young people and families.
Providing a quality advisory and guidance service to managers and staff through consistent and effective application of policies, procedures and guidance is a vital part of our work. As a People Adviser you’ll be working in our People Advice Team based in Watford or Birmingham offices.
How you’ll make a difference:
By providing a first point of contact for all staff and managers to answer and respond to information requests and advice on HR policies and their interpretation, ensuring the experience is positive, accurate and consistent within service standards.
By providing quality advice that is functionally consistent and accurate to managers, in response to employee relations matters i.e. absence management, conflict, performance and behaviour management cases, with a view to enable managers to own and resolve matters in accordance within Action for Children’s HR framework of procedures and policies. Where necessary to provide specific and or remote advice, guidance and intervention to managers with similar issues, for investigations and hearings and escalating only in the most complex cases to the relevant People Partner
By utilising people and other related systems to process defined people transactions in line with agreed processes and service standards and where applicable, statutory and contractual regulations. By recording, tracking and closing all incident and service requests through Action for Children systems, ensuring the customer is updated on progress (e.g. iTrent updates, maternity leave, redundancy calculations, contractual changes, digital filing).
By retaining accurate, concise and clear notes to track cases, ensuring completion of closing procedures for all incident and service requests through the recording system. Ensure all relevant data and information is captured for continuity, potential legal requirements and reporting purposes, whilst maintaining communication with the customer (i.e. manager or staff member) regarding progress.
What you’ll need:
- CIPD Qualified or equivalent experience
- Experience of managing HR casework
- Experience of advising, guiding and directing management with the application of HR policies, procedures and guidance
- Experience in People systems (ideally iTrent) and systems issues/fixes/report generation
- Experience of coaching and supporting managers to manage their Employee Relations cases.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and organising a challenging workload, including prioritisation.
- Proven presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to provide and respond to robust challenge, in particular to ensure that the reputation and brand of AfC is maintained.
- Demonstrable leadership skills to drive and support continuous organisational improvement through service delivery.
- Working knowledge of key employment law.
To apply please visit our website via the apply button.
How we reward you:
One role. Many rewards.
Find out about our benefit package on our website.
Closing date: 18 June 2018
Interviews will be held on 25th June 2018
Action for Children exists to make children’s lives better: now, tomorrow and every day.
Committed to quality, equality and valuing diversity, we welcome applications that reflect the cultural diversity of the communities within which we work. Registered charity no. 1097940. Company no. 4764232. Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.