A fantastic opportunity has become available for a HR Officer. This role is based in Cardiff and it is a standalone role, If you enjoy working independently this is the perfect role for you. The HR Officer will be the initial point of contact for all HR related queries both internal and external. This is a permanent role salary is £25,000 If you are looking for an autonomous role within a great organisation, please get in touch. In this role, you will cover all Generalist HR and support Managers around ER issues and complex caseloads, which you will take full ownership of. Candidates will need proven experience within an HR Advisory role. Experience in TUPE would be highly desirable but not essential.
About the role
- Providing first level advice and guidance on HR policies and procedures, employment law and employee relations issues with the guidance of the Business Partner/Head of HR Business Partnering as required
- Involvement in employment relations case work and assisting in the preparation of employment tribunal cases
- Assisting with the preparations for disciplinary, grievance, absence management and performance improvement meetings and attendance at those meetings as appropriate
- Review sickness absence and undertake relevant interventions, including referrals to Occupational Health and advice to managers on phased return
- Involvement in TUPE transfers developing your experience and supporting HR Business Partners
- Assist with the creation and delivery of HR related training courses/workshops to managers on discipline and grievance, absence management, performance improvement and other HR related subjects
- Extensive travel across your designated region
- Work with other HR colleagues to ensure a consistent approach in HR advice and improve overall effectiveness of HR delivery across the business
- Work in partnership with the HR team to support the review, creation and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Undertake other duties from time to time as required by the Human Resource Business Partner.
- It is essential you will have operational HR experience, supporting managers in all aspects of HR, in particular disciplinary, grievances, performance and absence management
- Qualified or working towards CIPD is desirable
- You must have sound knowledge of current employment legislation and ability to translate this into workplace practices, with good commercial awareness
- Awareness of people management issues affecting the social care sector
- Experience of managing own time and workload effectively, meeting targets and deadlines
- Ability to inform and empower/coach managers, identifying the required approach in any given situation
- Experience of creating and delivering training on HR related subjects would be desirable
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, high level of accurate and ability to work as part of a team
- Experience of being involved in TUPE transfer.
- Up to 35 days' annual leave entitlement (including bank holidays)
- Staff discount shopping scheme 'Rewarding Dimensions'
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Qualification scheme
- Employee recognition scheme 'Inspiring People'
- Discounted health and dental cover
- Life Assurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialises in the recruitment of HR and Finance professionals nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.