Senior HR Advisor
I am currently working in partnership with an Education Trust who has various Primary and Secondary schools around the UK. They are looking for a talented Senior HR Advisor who will be able to work on their own initiative to provide a dedicated HR advice and support service across schools in West Yorkshire.
My client is open around sector background but experience within the education/public sector would be advantageous.
- Provide an exceptional HR advisory and support service to Principals, School based HR teams and Senior Leadership Teams.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Human Resources Support Service
- Provide a telephone and face-to-face HR support service within agreed performance SLAs
- Develop supporting documents and templates covering regular HR functions including policies, letter templates and pro-formas
- Support and liaise with Trust leaders to effectively manage Employee Relations issues that arise relating to discipline, grievance, attendance and performance management matters
- Assist with cases that may need input from the outsourced HR providers and liaise with these providers to ensure all cases are dealt with promptly and resolved satisfactorily
- Provide expert HR knowledge and lead on project management to support any change management situations that arise, particularly in relation to Academy transfers into the Trust, including but not limited to restructure, redundancies and TUPE
HR Communication and Training
- Contribute to the development and delivery of an annual face-to-face and online training programme for schools across all generalist HR areas to include but not be limited to Discipline and Grievance; Sickness Absence Management; Performance Management and Appraisal; HR Policies and Procedures etc
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a national HR network for the Trust to disseminate best practice and provide a regular upskill for HR resource within the Trust
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- CIPD qualified (Level 7) or an equivalent HR related qualification
- Significant experience of providing employee relations/generalist HR advice and guidance to Managers and/or Senior Leaders
- Experience of managing a significant caseload of HR cases from start to finish achieving successful outcomes
- Experience of supporting organisational change management/restructuring activities and/or leading on TUPE, ideally within a unionised environment
- Strong IT Skills and experience and use of specialist HR systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to relate well to all stakeholders
- Commitment to equality and diversity and safeguarding principles
- Current driving license and willingness to travel