Concilliation team - Bristol
Conciliation Team - EO/Grade 10
Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service
Closing date: 9 Jul 2018
Birmingham, West Midlands, B2 4AJ : Bristol, South West, BS1 6DG : Cardiff, Wales, CF14 3UZ : Fleet, South East, GU51 4AE : Mildenhall, Eastern, IP28 7EY : Leeds, Yorkshire and the Humber, LS2
About the job
Acas is looking to recruit to its conciliation teams based in Birmingham, Bristol, Cardiff, Fleet, Leeds and Mildenhall.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
We’re looking for people with a passion for delivering excellence in customer service and great communication skills both on the telephone and in writing. If you’ve got a background in HR or employment law then we’d love to hear from you. We offer full training however, and also welcome applications from those without prior experience in these areas.
We are Acas, an independent public body that provides advice and guidance on all aspects of employment law and workplace relations. We support good relationships between employers and employees which underpin business success. And when things go wrong, we help to resolve disputes whether there’s one person involved, or many.
What are the roles?
The roles involve helping to resolve workplace disputes, for example in cases of unpaid wages, holiday pay and notice pay. We don’t take sides, but instead work with both parties (for example, an employer and an employee) to help them to find a way to resolve their issues before it reaches an Employment Tribunal.
Successful candidates will undertake a range of duties dependent upon business need and location. This may involve:
• Speaking with parties to clarify facts and gather further information about a case
• Providing parties with information about Acas and our conciliation service
• Working with parties to help them to reach an agreement
• Progressing casework
The roles are telephone based with some emailing and involve using a computer case management system to maintain customer records.
These duties may change over time as we review the way that we deliver the service, but the focus of the roles will remain on dispute resolution.
This post is open to anyone who can demonstrate the ability to do the role and work in line with Civil Service values (Objectivity, Integrity, Impartiality and Honesty) and Acas values.
We would particularly welcome applications from candidates with language skills other than English.
We'll assess you against these competencies during the selection process:
- Delivering at pace
- Making effective decisions
- Acas Competency - Dispute Resolution/Promoting Good Employment Practice
- Leading and communicating
Civil Service pension schemes may be available for successful candidates.
What can we offer you?
• Full on the job training – prior experience is welcomed but not essential. Our staff come from a wide ranging background including retail, contact centres, HR and education
• 33 days (including bank holidays and privilege day) rising to 38 days (including bank holidays and privilege day) after 5 years’ service
• Competitive salary, Civil Service pension and Reward & Recognition scheme
• Flexible working, family friendly policies
• For existing Civil Servants – continuity of service is maintained
No relocation allowances including excess fares will be offered in connection with these posts.
Apply and further information
For further information and to apply, please click here