Your new company
My client are a leading food manufacturer with a large operation between Market Drayton and Stafford. They now have a requirement for 2 Training Officers to join the business to deliver a range of technical and soft skills courses.
Your new role
The main purpose of the role is to assist with the development, delivery and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and guidelines, taking into account different learning styles to engage, motivate and meet training objectives.
A key part of the role is to deliver blended classroom training and coaching to new team members and identify and provide skills development and refresher training to existing team members. The role holder must be flexible with our shift patterns when required. Working within a unionised manufacturing environment where continuous improvement is essential in all areas, the role holder will be expected to ensure the site complies with all statutory and company requirements. Therefore, in collaboration with the L&D Advisor, the role holder will drive the agenda for learning and development on site to deliver the training plan.
To assist in the writing of Standard Operating Procedures in accordance with established best practice and using role specific knowledge and experience. In collaboration with the Operations Management team, identify the short and medium-term training needs across the site and for each shift.
Develop and prioritise appropriate training plans to address these needs, ensuring they are aligned to business objectives and statutory/compliance requirements. Arrange, deliver and source group and 121 training solutions to new and existing colleagues across a range of technical and behavioural topics and in line with the Operations Training Matrix and document-controlled SOPs.
Identify and use accelerated learning techniques in order to maximise the learning and ensure value for money. Co-ordinate cross shift training programmes and interventions and coach FLMs as necessary to help ensure internally and externally recognised best practice principles, standards and manufacturing methodologies are consistently implemented and maintained across all shifts.
Manage and maintain the training programme calendar, ensuring training requirements/plans are effectively communicated to line managers and employees in a timely manner so that they can build into work plans accordingly.
Provide the Compliance Manager with all necessary information required to ensure training plans are appropriately reflected in the budget. Ensure that any variance to budgeted spend is escalated to the Compliance Manager in a timely manner for authorisation and so that they can manage the budget accordingly.
Ensure that employee training records are accurately maintained and all statutory and refresher training is delivered and recorded within relevant timescales via maintenance of training matrices.
Ensure that all records and relevant documentation demonstrate compliance and are accessible to key stakeholders (employees, managers, auditors etc).
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant training qualification
- Basic Food Safety HACCP Level 2 or higher
- Excellent knowledge of the training cycle and its implementation
- Excellent knowledge of learning techniques and learning styles
- CIPD qualified or studying towards
- H&S systems and legislation knowledge e.g. IOSH, NEBOSH. Able to ensure a safe working environment
- Intermediate Food Safety HACCP Level 3 or higher.
- Train the Trainer certification
- Equivalent of 2-3 years' experience in training role within a food/manufacturing/FMCG environment
- Demonstrable experience of designing SOPs and risk assessments
- Coaching and mentoring skills, training and coaching others to create a learning environment
- Able to act as an effective role model, championing required values and behaviours to others
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to work successfully to tight deadlines
- Influencing and negotiation skills, with the ability to articulate, actively listen and seek understanding
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office
- Numerate, with the ability to prepare and present statistical reports and budget information
- Experience of leading a team within an operational environment
- Experience of coaching line managers
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of c£25,000-£30,000 plus an excellent benefits package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.