Occupational Health Nurse - South West London
We are looking for an Occupational Health Nurse to join our client London Construction team on a full time basis of 37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday. This role will be based at our client's site in Fulham, London.
The Treatment & Occupational Health Screening Nurse is an integral part of the team, providing a compassionate, professional clinical service that is instrumental in the quality of care our clients receive. This role requires an ability to assess and manage minor injury and illness, deliver health and wellbeing initiatives, and work with external organisations and other healthcare professionals.
Main duties of the role include:
- To provide a full OH/Treatment service in line with the client contract including wellbeing assessments, health promotion, advice and education, health surveillance, safety critical medicals, D&A testing etc. following guidelines and written instructions.
- To provide professional advice, support and guidance.
- To assess new clients presenting to Occupational Health.
- To assess individual’s fitness to work for the appropriate job role.
- To provide clinical assessment of clients presenting with minor illness and injury
- Write letters to GP/Specialists in line with the Access to Medical Reports and Data Protection Act
- to support the OH Manager to advise, monitor and assess the clinical practice of the OH team
- To respond to Client/Manager’s requests for support/information on the working environment
- To provide competent treatment/referral of client.
- To assist in the provision of health promotion and wellbeing activities
- To provide health surveillance
- To ensure clinical assessment skills are maintained in line with best practice
- To provide clinical support and cover to all Peripatetic Occupational Health Clinics managed within the contract
- To provide clinical support to the first aid provision on site
- To prioritise and manage the clinical caseload generated by the various clients
Please contact Ben Higgins on 01582 235500 to discuss further