Graduate Recruiter Manager
Leeds - 12 Month FTC
The Graduate Recruitment and Development Manager is responsible for managing the recruitment and development of our trainee’s in all of our clients offices. Responsible for managing the team of 5 people. This is a 12 month role covering maternity leave and located in Leeds.
- Work with the Head of Resourcing to develop a clear strategy for Graduate recruitment and trainee development.
- Develop and refine the 'Future Trainee Strategy' including planning analysis to ensure the firm is anticipating future trainee numbers to meet the global needs of the business.
- Implementation of the overall campus strategy including marketing, brand design and roll out at targeted universities.
- Accountable for the overall design and implementation of an appropriate recruitment process and appropriate analysis to ensure it is fit for purpose.
- Analyse key themes across recruitment assessment processes and be the key point of escalation for any issues that come out of assessment centres.
- Develop and refine the 'Graduate Trainee Programme' and key learning pathways in collaboration with Graduate Partners, L&D and other key contacts. Including the introduction of SQE.
- Management of the firm's trainee seat move process, ensuring effective utilisation and distribution of trainee resource across divisions and offices meeting both the firms and clients needs.
- Monitor and manage key performance trends and issues across the firm becoming a key point of escalation for performance review moderation meetings.
- Management of the firm's qualification process. Monitoring key trends and issues around the qualification process, acting as a point of escalation for the firm.
- Analyse and interpret retention data at the firm, identifying key trends and working with Head of Resourcing to refine programmes and ways of engaging trainees.
- Develop and execute a programme of continuous improvement across the campus recruitment and graduate trainee programmes.
- Management of the trainee budget. Responsibility for the end to end recruitment process of the firm's Legal Apprentices.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Graduate calibre, CIPD qualified or equivalent.
- A demonstrable ability to influence at senior levels; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong team orientation.
- Tenacity, resilience and patience when dealing with difficult and challenging issues.
- Excellent relationship builder both within the business and with external contacts. Managing expectations with internal clients effectively so as to maintain credibility and professionalism.
- Capable of delivering accurate and commercial advice and keeping employment law knowledge up to date.
- Project management skills and experience - planning and organising multiple tasks/activities/projects to ensure that deadlines are achieved. Must be highly organised, a good time manager and able to effectively juggle conflicting demands whilst maintaining a high attention to detail at all times.
- Dynamic problem solving abilities; finding creative, commercial and pragmatic solutions.
- A dynamic team manager with proven ability to proactively and effectively lead and manage a large and varied team. Able to motivate and influence the team to work collaboratively to embed the firm's talent strategy.
- The ability to work well and operate comfortably within a partnership structure / culture.
- Trusted business advisor.