HR Administrator 6 month contract based in Brentwood £18k - £20K
Your new company
A HR Administrator is required for an international organisation based in Brentwood. Are you looking to start your career in HR. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills in a 6 month fixed term contract within a well established, knowledgeable team.
Your new role
- Assist with the administering of documentation in support of the employee life cycle following agreed processes.
- To include: New Starters (job offers, issuing joiner packs and induction documentation, diarising and managing probation administration, referencing and background checks
- Employment (addendum to contract, issuing of revised/new policies)
- Leavers (handling leaver documentation, recording leaver information, referencing)
- Benefits (invites, joiners, leavers and changes to pension, healthcare, childcare schemes and company cars)
- Providing general administrative support to the HR Shared Services team.
- Provide assistance with inputting absence data using the HRIS, working with the payroll assistant and supervisor to ensure timely processing
- Maintain HR records and personnel files for circa 2200 employees across the UK (plus some overseas employees).
- Assist in the delivery of a streamlined service and development of HR best practices and procedures.
- Assist with the preparation of letters for the annual HR processes i.e. salary review, bonuses, pension renewal, appraisals.
- Assist the HR Team with any projects and adhoc administration including preparation of spreadsheets when required.
- All other HR & payroll duties i.e. opening and sending out post, filing & archiving.
- General filing and other ad hoc duties and when required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven administration experience, experience in a HR department is preferred
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to liaise with all levels of people within the organisation.
- A-C grade GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Mathematics.
- Administrative excellence including reviewing and implementing procedures and maintaining confidential, sensitive data.
- Highly organised and capable of multi-tasking to meet deadlines with the ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Able to work under pressure, deliver to deadlines and use initiative.
- Interpersonal and sensitive personality with the ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and helpful.
- Self motivated, adaptable and flexible.
- A proactive individual who enjoys administration and providing a first class service.
- Culturally aware.
- Team worker.
- Computer literate.
What you'll get in return
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful organisation and a well established HR team where you will have the opportunity to develop your skills and experience.
Working hours 09.00 - 17.30
25 days holiday
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.