HR Advisor: Birmingham: Permanent: £30,000 - £34,000 (DOE) + Benefits
Macmillan Davies are delighted to be representing our award winning professional services client, who due to immense company growth, are now looking for an experienced HR Advisor to join their team on a permanent basis. As HR Advisor you will report into the HR Manager and will work collaboratively with all departments on all people-related issues, offering clear HR advice and support to management and staff.
The HR Advisor will be an integral member of the HR team, providing generalist HR support and representing the department internally and externally. The HR Advisor will also be responsible for, but by no means limited to, the following:
* HR Advice: adopting a proactive business-partnering approach to support departments on all people-related issues
* Coaching line managers: offering clear and sound HR advice on all generalist HR related issues, such as policies, procedures, employee relations etc.
* Promoting a positive culture: being a brand ambassador within the company to encourage an engaged workforce, working with management to ensure that staff feel valued, empowered and motivated
* Recruitment: building relationships with department managers (to truly know and test their needs), keeping in touch with candidates, managing interviews, offers, and the candidate experience.
* Stakeholder management: understanding your stakeholders, their needs, likes and dislikes so that you can deliver a proactive HR service/solution
* Employee Relations: being responsible for managing ER case work
* HR Projects: Leading on ad-hoc HR projects as required
To be considered for this opportunity it is essential that you have proven experience in an operational and generalist HR role as well as the following skills and attributes:
* A CIPD level 7 qualification, those currently working towards will also be considered
* Experience in using HR systems/databases
* A confident, proficient user of IT and Microsoft Office
* Good negotiating skills
* Ability to handle sensitive matters with the up most discretion and confidentially
* Strong coordination and organisational skills, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
* A mature and flexible approach to work, displaying ownership, resilience and responsibility
* Ability to work autonomously and on your own initiative