Early Careers Specialist
Early year career specialist required for our Hook client for 3 months, up to £280.00 per day
Your new company
A large commercial organisation based in Hook
Your new role
The Early Careers Specialist forms part of the Early Careers Team which manages apprenticeships, interns and graduate programmes. The team consists of centralised subject matter experts, who support the wider people team and business leaders in the achievement of our business and people strategy. This role specifically supports all Early Careers pipelines.
This role is to act as a Project Manager to support all Early Career Programmes - apprentices, interns and graduates strategic, operational and cyclical activity.
Graduate, Intern and Apprenticeship Programmes are a strategic priority to ensure that the organisation have an entry level and future career focused talent pipeline within the organisation.
This role will work closely with the Graduate & Intern Manager, Apprentice Manager and Early Careers Lead, as well as with key stakeholders business wide, including People Business Partners, L&D, Reward, Employee Services, Business Sponsors and our recruitment suppliers to ensure the smooth running of our Virgin Media Early Careers Programmes.
Key accountabilities include:
- To project manage programme recruitment activity, working closely with recruitment suppliers and stakeholders to meet business needs. Examples include managing social media content, assessment centre management, and onboarding activities.
- To project manage on programme activities such as reward, induction, rotations, performance management and core development activities.
- To research and support on all data requests to provide the required analytics (predominantly Oracle excel reports and feedback surveys) to support people business decisions and strategic proposals, and able to share using effective PowerPoint presentations.
- To manage all programme excel master tracker activity and analyse and report on data regularly to the Early Careers Lead and programme managers using PowerPoint presentations as appropriate.
- To analyse feedback surveys and award feedback and support action planning and new early career programme initiatives to drive the programme forward.
What you'll need to succeed
- Strong project management experience
- Strong analytical skills - intermediate level excel skills required
- Proactive with a can do attitude and plenty of initiative, as well as a willingness to learn and get involved.
- A flexible approach and ability to deal with change and ambiguity at times.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - able to engage multiple audiences using a variety of methods.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Competence with MS Office tools, particularly Excel.
- Ability to spot opportunities for continuous improvement
- Previous experience of working with graduate, intern or apprentice schemes.
- Previous experience in a People/T&D role.
- Prince2 or similar qualification advantageous.
- Previous experience working with social media, especially Twitter.
What you'll get in return
£220-280 per day
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.