This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced HR Manager to join the existing team in delivering the people agenda. You will have a broad remit across the spectrum of operational HR and the role will involve you building and streamlining processes across the employee life cycle to influence and drive employee engagement and a high performing culture. This role will have a particular focus on talent acquisition and development so we are looking for a candidate with experience, or keen to specialise in this area. As an indication of role, it would include the following areas of responsibility.
- Provide advice and assistance to employees on policies, procedures, legislation, and best practice.
- Ownership of the on-boarding process, including overseeing the generation of offer letters, contracts, reference checking and induction workshops.
- Ownership of the full employee lifecycle and recruitment within the three current locations of business, United Kingdom, Canada and the United States.
- Ensure the HR System data is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation at all times.
- Design, review and upkeep the Employee Handbook and Policies in line with our standards, values and current legislation.
- Responsibility for training programs for new recruits and on-going personal development including working with the engineering teams to develop internal training modules.
- Responsibility for all benefits including internal communication, review and annual renewal.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR systems and practices in the organization.
- Drive and administer probationary reviews, annual salary reviews, performance improvement plans, disciplinary & grievance meetings.
As well as being friendly and approachable, we are looking for an experienced People Manager who has had considerable exposure to HR in a similar fast growth position/ start-up organisation. To be considered for this role you will need to have a demonstrable track record of hands on HR generalist duties.
- Strong generalist experience, within a similar industry (Engineering preferred).
- Recruitment within the United Kingdom, with a global reach (preferred).
- Strong analytical and reporting skills.
- Strong ER knowledge.
- Excellent eye for detail, you make sure all the t's are crossed and i's dotted.
- Advanced communications skills.
- Ability to work with key stakeholders with discretion and sensitivity across all levels of the business.
- Comfortable with a high degree of autonomy, responsibility, and commercial decision making.
- Experience of operating in a business with a high percentage of highly qualified professionals, and within technical research industries such as engineering, Pharma, Oil & Gas, preferred.
- Proactive, solutions based HR style.
- Current generalist experience and knowledge of employment law and best practice.
- Must be highly organised, flexible team player with excellent prioritisation and strong follow-up skills.
- Comfortable in a fast moving organisation and able to embrace change and put people at ease.
If you have successfully helped a small company with big global ambitions grow in the past, then we would love to hear your ideas. If you are working in a large company with broad experience but would like more ownership and stake in a business that you care about, we could be your next move.
Please contact me if this sounds like you: