HR Shared Services Team Manager
A great opportunity for an organised and experienced HR professional who has strong administrative preferably from within an HR environment for this leading UK FTSE 250 company. The HR Shared Service Centre is responsible for providing general administrative services across the various HR functions such as HR Generalists, Training, Resourcing, Reward, Council and others. It will also provide a general HR Helpline service for all Employees and Managers.
As a Team Manager within the HR Shared Service Centre, you will be responsible for supervising and delivering the end to end transactional HR administrative activity associated with the employment cycle for all applicants, employees and managers.
This will include (but not limited to):
- Line management of teams within the centre, ensuring the service provided meets quality and consistency levels and is delivered in a customer focussed way. This will include ownership of performance management, knowledge enhancing and professional development of direct reports.
- Manage team performance against key performance indicators, to ensure accuracy and quality of all correspondence and reports generated by the centre.
- Be responsible for continuous service improvement that is responsive to service needs, maximises productivity and inspires customer confidence
- To develop and review standard workflows where appropriate across all aspects of the centre, sharing knowledge across the management team and ensure the team is multi-functional and cross trained on processes within the Shared Service Centre.
- To ensure all standards, practices and processes are applied by all team members in a consistent way and that work is prioritised fairly
- To make recommendations for system improvements which would support better and more efficient processes
- To provide various reports which support general HR activity, ensuring quality data input is monitored and accurate.
- To act as liaison with third part suppliers where required
- To support the HR Shared Services Team by undertaking general HR administrative tasks as and when needed.
- To oversee and man a contact service for employees and managers with general HR queries
What do we need from you?
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent) or hold a formal HR qualification, with a basic knowledge of HR legislation, policies and procedures
- Experience in general office administration, preferably in a HR environment
- Previous experience of people management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, able to demonstrate good query management experience
- Process driven with a keen eye for detail and ability to interpret and analyse metrics
- Ability to manage and prioritise a diverse workload and to meet time specific deadlines and targets
- Strong PC skills, with a confident approach to IT systems in general
- Flexibility, the Shared Service Centre will operate both inside and outside of core office hours to provide adequate support to our employees and managers, so you will need to have a flexible approach to working hours in order to ensure sufficient cover. You may also be required to travel to other sites.