Global Mobility Advisor
A leading global Financial Services firm based in London is looking for a Global Mobility Advisor to join their wider Human Resources and Personnel team
Leading Financial Services firm
Role of the Global Mobility Advisor:
- Act as the primary point of contact to expatriates (UK Inbounds and out-bounds), HR and third party vendors on all operational activities throughout the expatriate life cycle.
- Provide policy and secondment advice and guidance to HR Business Partners and other key stakeholders. Work closely with them and the International Mobility team in Paris to identify and resolve any issues around application of appropriate policy for each assignment.
- Liaise with HR Business Partners (local and global) to monitor secondment end dates and determine forward planning for expatriates.
- Maintain and update expatriate database to ensure accurate records of all secondment related information. Including performing a quarterly audit of expatriate database and expat data (where applicable).
- Manage the full lifecycle of assignments including the production of documentation, conducting briefings, initiating vendors, creating payroll instructions and organising repatriations. Support local HR teams for localisations and redundancies as required.
- Coordination of third party vendors to support expatriate requirements - tax, immigration, shipping, relocation. Track expatriate assignment costs, with adherence to contractual cost limits imposed on assignments.
- Manage the relationship with the UK Border Agency and external Immigration Consultants to ensure that all Visa requirements for expatriates are met.
- Approve and process global recharge and vendor invoices in a timely manner.
- Manage home leave request and approval process for applicable secondments.
- Work alongside the Corporate Services team to administer expatriate corporate leases.
- Prepare and provide information in relation to inbound expatriate costs on an annual basis for reporting to International Mobility team in Paris for the annual Global Compensation Review process.
- Initiate external tax provider for arrival/departure tax briefings.
- Inform and liaise with internal UK tax team regarding all new in/outbound secondments, including review of tax wording on secondment letters
- Manage the relationship with Immigration Consultants
- Keep up to date with changes in immigration regulations and provide updates to the wider HR team as required
- Act as a subject matter expert and answer internal immigration questions/queries with the support of the Immigration Consultants when required
Experience required for the Global Mobility Advisor:
International mobility administration and policy guidance experience on an in-house basis is essential
A good understanding of UK tax and social security legislation applicable to expatriate situations
Ability to work under pressure and prioritise workload
Good written and verbal skills
Ability to communicate at all levels
Ability to work as part of a team Good MS excel skills