Interim HR Manager
Job Title: Interim HR Manager
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000
Location: Milton Keynes
Industry Sector: Manufacturing
Hours: Full time - 3 month fixed term contract
Ashley Kate currently have a fantastic Interim HR Manager role available with our client based near Milton Keynes. This client requires as blue collar HR Manager for a period of 3 months to support the organisation with generalist operational HR during a busy period.
You will need to be a seasoned HR Manager with an operational focus, that has the ability to hit the ground running, slot in with a really great supportive team and be able to line manage a team of coordinators.
- In depth generalist HR experience covering all aspects of HR management within a blue collar environment
- CIPD qualified and/or can demonstrate in depth understanding of best practice HR tools & strategies
- A track record of success ideally gained in a fast paced, cost conscious and customer focused business environment
- Experience to managing complex ER issues within a unionised environment
- Good relationship and rapport building skills with internal and external contacts at any level
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills with the ability to communicate technical HR information clearly & concisely
- Strong current knowledge of UK employment legislation regarding employment, e.g. collective agreements, dismissal and discrimination
About the role:
This role will sit in a team of HR with a direct report to the HR Director and with 2 coordinators reporting in to this role. This is a true operational role where you will be expected to roll up your sleeves and immerse yourself into the business. You will manage all elements of HR expected from a blue collar organisation such as ER case work, absence management, performance etc.
As Interim HR Manager you will:
- Proactively supporting the site team in the implementing of the functional people plan to improve site performance
- Driving a high performance culture by challenging & coaching managers to appropriately apply performance and development principles and tools.
- Deliver the functional ER & IR strategy, ensuring high quality case management of all issues raised on site in line with function & site policy and procedure
- Provide HR support for all projects within your area to drive timely execution within budget and HR & Group strategy
- Deliver day to day operational support and guidance to managers for employee relations, development, resourcing and reward in line with group, divisional and site practice & procedure & ensuring legislative compliance at all times
- Coaching line managers to develop their capability in managing people issues and enabling optimum performance from their teams.
- Lead to recruitment process for your site ensuring that vacancies are planned for & filled in line with Group practice & procedures
- Support HR Business Partners in the diagnosis of site technical and managerial development needs and develop sustainable & cost effective solutions in conjunction with HR Business Partners
- Deliver effective communications to engage and inform employees in any changes that affect them and ensure they understand the company goals & vision
- Ensure delivery of an effective induction for all site new starters (including agency staff) that meets company and customer requirements
About the Company:
This is a high performing organisation who are truly people focused. The team is very supportive and welcoming and it is a great organisation to work with.
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialise in recruitment nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.