Reward and Recognition Specialist
Reward and Recognition Specialist
Salary: c.£55,000 plus excellent benefits
Fixed Term Contract to 31 December 2019
Our Reward & Recognition team is part of TfL’s ‘People Strategy Hub’, the area of HR which sets the standards for strategy development based on insights, industry best practice and understanding business needs. Aligned with our fundamental need to attract, retain, engage and motivate the very best talent, the Reward & Recognition team are accountable for developing and delivering our reward, benefits and recognition strategy, frameworks and activities across TfL.
We are a unique organisation with a clear, simple purpose: ‘To keep London moving, working and growing and make life in our city better’. However, the challenges in making this happen are anything but simple. TfL is large, complex and unionised and has a range of differing reward structures and frameworks deriving from two entirely separate bargaining units covering c. 80% of the business. The political and economic environments in which we operate mean that we have to balance priorities and manage a wide range of internal and external stakeholders. Therefore, along with your sound technical knowledge of reward you will also need to utilise your networking and influencing skills and have good resilience and tenacity in order to be successful in the role.
It’s a great time to join our team as we continue to develop our reward strategy, policies and frameworks in support of TfL’s wider transformation. Our key aim is to build cost effective reward solutions in partnership with the business that increase performance and enhance employee engagement, supporting the development of the wider Employee Value Proposition.
We are looking for an experienced reward generalist to join our small and friendly team. We’ll expect you to hit the ground running and be able to turn your hand to a wide variety of reward activities including change projects. In return we’ll provide you with a varied and challenging role, rewards that make you feel truly valued and a genuine respect for your work life balance.
As a reward subject matter expert, you will be integral to the development and implementation of TfL’s Reward Strategy. Focusing predominantly on our compensation frameworks and programmes you will be required to lead or support any of the following:
- Leading or supporting reward projects as required, researching and reviewing suitability of current practices and policies, including external benchmarking of similar organisations, and recommending changes where appropriate.
- Conducting key stakeholder engagement within the wider business, and building strong relationships within HR, in order to gain buy-in and active support for TfL reward & recognition initiatives.
- The design, development and delivery (including communications) of a total reward strategy that leads to effective attraction and engagement of employees, linking with pay for performance initiatives and TfL’s employee value proposition.
- Ongoing monitoring of our market position using a range of benchmarking sources; ensuring that compensation levels are appropriate to sustain performance and meet changing business needs.
- Managing cyclical annual pay review processes including modelling and implementation of pay deals and pay for performance processes; managing the senior manager pay review process; creating effective communications and project plans; engaging and liaising with Employee Relations, HR Service Delivery and Business Partnering teams accordingly.
- To be a point of contact on all reward related matters for our business partnering teams and the handling and resolving of ad hoc reward related queries from the business.
CIPD qualified you will be able to demonstrate previous success of creating, developing and implementing reward and recognition solutions aligned to the business and people strategies within a large, complex organisation. You will need to be comfortable in working collaboratively both with your immediate peers in the Reward & Recognition team as well as in cross functional multi-discipline teams in delivering your work.
Required Skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience of creating, developing and implementing pay, reward and recognition solutions aligned to the business and people strategies within a large, complex and unionised organisation.
- Broad knowledge of external developments and wider best practice around pay, reward and recognition.
- Experience of development of strategic total reward interventions to improve performance, behaviours and culture.
- Experience of continuously improving reward & recognition practices and processes.
- Ability to operate in a matrix function as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- General Experience of applying commercial and strategic awareness to problem solving.
- Proven relationship building skills.
- Strong stakeholder management and customer service.
- Advanced interpersonal skills.
- Experience of thinking strategically and looking at long term goals.
- High standard of written & verbal communication and strong numerical reasoning and analytical skills.
- Final salary pension scheme or defined contribution option plus cash allowance
- Free travel for you on the TfL network.
- A 75% discount on National Rail Season Ticket and interest free loan.
- 30 days’ annual leave plus public and bank holidays.
- Private healthcare discounted scheme (optional).
- Tax-efficient cycle-to-work programme.
- Retail, health, leisure and travel offers.
- Discounted Eurostar travel.
On applying, you will need to supply your CV and a two page covering letter.
Closing date for applications: 21 October 2018 @ 23:59.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.