HR Officer / HR Services Officer
An excellent opportunity for a level 5 qualified HR Officer to join a busy team in Dorchester,
Hays are working with an values lead organisation to recruit a HR Officer/HR Services officer to work as part of a small team providing a proactive HR service to Managers and employees across various sites in West Dorset.
As an HR Officer you will provide a full HR generalist advice and HR Administration support for a busy organisation.
Key Tasks include
- Providing professional advice and guidance to managers and staff on a variety of HR practice including terms & conditions, policy & procedures and HR information.
- With support you will also provide managers and staff with advice on employee relations including disciplinary, grievance, performance and sickness cases.
- Undertaking a range of HR transaction activity including updating HR database information, updating employee data in line with GDPR and external audit regulations.
- Provide HR statistical information & reports from HR system on key KPI including sickness, turnover, and equality & Diversity.
- Act as first line coordinator with internal payroll department instructing on personal changes for pay
- Undertake minute taking for Job Evaluation, and employee relations meetings.
- Provide specialist HR generalist / HR administration tasks for technical HR eg - Job Evaluation, HR Systems, payroll, sickness and benefits calculations.
- Monitoring Long term ill health cases and liaising with occupational health
Qualifications and Knowledge
Were seeking HR Officers / HR coordinators / HR Advisors with either a degree/CIPD Intermediate level 5 in HR or equivalent through extensive experience and proven track record in HR, including
- Knowledge of HR administration and systems, including personnel information systems, payroll, monitoring and statistics
- Working knowledge of employment legislation and developments in same and implications for personnel policy and practice
- Understanding of good practice and employment policies and ability to advise managers and staff accordingly
- Ideally be a member of the CIPD
- Knowledge and understanding of Job Evaluation Schemes
- Advanced computing skills, including Microsoft Office applications and bespoke HR databases
- Knowledge of customer care and of confidentiality
- Extensive experience of all aspects of HR administration and procedures and of providing support and advice in this area
- Experience of a range of HR support, giving advice to managers and staff on employment matters, to include disciplinary, grievance and sickness.
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to provide advice, guidance and emotional support to a diverse group of managers and staff in relation to HR issues
- Good analytical skills in order to respond to give advice on HR problems
- Ability to liaise and communicate on behalf of the organisation with a wide range of external contacts,
- Good written communication skills, including ability to take minutes of meetings and draft correspondence
- Good planning and organising skills, including ability to coordinate and prioritise a complex workload, ensuring cycles and deadlines are met
- An ability to concentrate throughout various interruptions and high levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Respect for professional boundaries and ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
This role is initially a 4-6 months temporary contract.. more likely 6 months and with the potential opportunity of long term employment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.