HR Project Advisor
- Full Time
HR Project Advisor - up to 12 month FTC
Your new company
My client are a global manufacturing business with multiple UK operations and an impressive portfolio of high profile customers.
They are now looking a HR Project Advisor to join them to cover a period of maternity leave for up to 12 months, based out of their Crewe or Derbyshire site.
Your new role
The HR Project Advisor you will oversee the planning, implementation and tracking of specific short-term projects which have a beginning, an end and specified deliverables. You will deliver projects to support the HR vision and strategy and provide expertise in employment law and guidance on policy documents.
You will build strong relationships with a wide audience at all levels e.g. management, staff and unions to ensure that all project stakeholders are engaged so that projects are delivered on time and to budget. You will be an effective project manager who can think strategically and use your expertise to engage, challenge and influence business leaders and key stakeholders at management and staff levels across the business.
As Project Co-ordinator, you will perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following to support with Global, Regional and local HR projects:
- Planning the project - scope, detailed work plan, determine resources, develop a schedule, review with Regional HR Leader + Senior Management, determine objectives and measures upon which to evaluate the project on completion.
- Resource the project - consult and brief the appropriate departments with regards to the support, skills and resources required to complete the project, ensure all costs are considered and approved, and provide a regular update on milestone delivery.
- Implement the project - execute the project according to the project plan, develop tracking system against project plan, align with the Quality Management System where appropriate and establish the communication schedule as per senior management requirements. Provide an effective audit trail to track HR knowledge and implementation of HR projects, policies and processes.
- Evaluate the project - ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality and evaluate the outcomes of the project as established during the planning phase - The Project Co-ordinator will also be responsible for supporting Operational HR activities across all UK sites
- Providing HR support at all stages of capability, disciplinary and grievance matters - Deliver local front line training as required. - Provide HR briefings on employment law changes to peer group keeping up to date on employment law and changes in legislation
What you'll need to succeed
- Project Delivery: Project management skills with the ability to contribute to several projects simultaneously
- Change Delivery: Previous proven experience change management. Spirit and attitude to inspire and drive change
- Facilitation & coaching: Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic/ Thought Leadership: Maintain external networks and ongoing professional development, provide contemporary approaches to HR practices. Provide leadership in HR concepts within the HR team and wider organization.
- Resourceful: Ability to work with minimal supervision, setting own objectives and presenting own decisions. Enthusiastic and credible.
- You will have project management experience using a tool e.g. Prince, PMP, Gantt charts
What you'll get in return
The role attracts a salary of c£35,000-£40,000 plus benefits with an ideal start date during November to allow for a handover period. The working hours in Crewe are 7:30-4:30 Mon- Thurs and 7:30-12:30 on Friday's and Derby is 8:45am to 5pm Mon-Fri.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.