Senior HR Manager
An opportunity for an experienced HR professional to work for one of the leading global transportation companies employing in excess of 60,000 people in over 60 countries.
Reporting to the Senior HRBP and based in Manchester, the focus is to deliver tangible, effective HR guidance, leadership and support to the Regional Business. Much of this will be 'business as usual' but you will also be expected to support the activity required to successfully introduce the new business model.
You will be an integral member of the team providing your line managers with up to date, concise governance regarding compliance, company policies and procedures and UK employment law.
To provide HR guidance and advice to Staff/Supervisors/Managers in the Business and to deliver an efficient and effective HR service that contributes to the Quality/Cost/Delivery performance of the Operational areas.
To act as a HR Partner to Line Management to ensure people management activities support the business and are in compliance with Company Policies and Procedures and UK Employment Legislative requirements
Background and experience :
An experienced operational HR professional with in-depth experience of successfully addressing and resolving operational HR issues and also able to view such activity within a wider strategic context.
Particular experience we require includes:-
- Experience of effective relationships with Trade Unions - including full-time officials, not just local reps
- Change management
- Able to successfully interact with (non-HR) senior management teams and advocate both the use of effective HR processes and procedures and devise / articulate HR strategies that contribute to the overall business planning.
Additionally the successful individual will have the following attributes:-
- Able to establish an immediate presence with their client base and quickly develop as a credible contributor to the business.
- The ability to tailor their approach to the different client groups within the business to ensure that they engage in an appropriately effective way.
- Have the desire and ambition to make a difference and to take any opportunities that may arise to develop their HR career.
- Experience of working in an Engineering-focussed organisation.
- Successful implementation and execution of ER plans and strategies at a business unit level.
- Track record of implementing key HR processes
- Proven ability to successfully address IR issues with Trade Unions / employee representatives.
- Experience in effectively supporting the successful implementation of organisational and cultural change.
- A strong and credible communicator with the proven ability to able to engage with and influence colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Experience of developing and implementing HR Project Plans.
- Knowledge of UK Employment Law.
- Experience in the development and effective use of HR Metrics/Analytics.
The role is based in South/Central Manchester. But will require some travel to our other locations.