Ashley Kate UK are partnered with a Law Firm who as seeking an experienced Tax Consultant to join the business to support the Commercial Litigation team. The role is full time but can be flexible working. The role is based in Leamington Spa.
The team is looking for a tax expert who will assist the lawyers in the department with compliance, advisory and contentious work.
The role offers varied and interesting exposure to high level advisory work and working with lawyers on negotiations with HMRC and bringing challenges before the FTT and UTT. An increase in recent work has seen a requirement for additional resource with the successful applicant encouraged to grow and develop the department. Current clients include HNWI and medium sized corporates with plans to expand offering.
* Responsible for a wide variation of Compliance work
* Manage portfolio of complex advisory cases, including Loan Charge issues and IR35 considerations.
* A good technical knowledge of tax avoidance schemes and HMRC's challenges in relation to the same.
* Assist/deal with HMRC enquiries and investigations (including COP 9).
* Assist with voluntary disclosures made by clients.
* Provide proactive advice to assist clients unravel negligent planning in order to mitigate potential tax exposure.
* Preferably CTA qualified although a suitably experienced candidate with AAT and/or ACA/ACCA will be considered
* 3+ years post qualification experience
* Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
* Proven track record of Business Development
* Ability to work as part of a team.
Benefits includes great pensions scheme, private health care, free on site parking and on site cafe.
Salary is up £45,000 to £55,000
Please contact to apply.
If you are interested in this role, please apply or contact Ashley Kate for further details.
Ashley Kate specialise in recruitment nationwide for temporary, contract and permanent roles. We give equal priority to our candidate and client relationships and ensure we deliver a highly professional consultancy service at all times.
Ashley Kate operates as a Recruitment Agency for the provision of permanent candidates and as a Recruitment Business for the provision of temporary candidates.