HR Advisor, Sheffield £30000
Your new company
Hays HR Recruitment are proud to be working with one of the UK's largest construction companies who are growing fast, in their search for a HR Advisor for their Sheffield site.
Your new role
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering an effective HR service to the assigned business areas, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures and in line with best practice in people management.
- Liaising closely with business leaders and managers to monitor HR practices and ensure compliance providing professional advice and guidance.
- Leading in case management across your business areas, complex attendance issues, performance management, grievance, restructures, redundancies and reevaluation of posts in accordance with both policies and procedures.
- Ensuring consistency and compliance with case management highlighting trends for the wider HR team learning.
- Supporting line managers in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues such as attendance review meetings, performance management, grievance, disciplinary, restructures and redundancies and re-evaluation of posts, in accordance with both policies and procedures and best practice.
- Manage the Maternity, Paternity, adoption and Flexible working requests for their respective business units.
- Leading on the production of Operational reports on a regular basis on such topics as employee engagement, sickness absence, turnover, analysing trends and highlighting improvement opportunities to the HR Manager and Senior Managers and Heads of Business .
- Monitor trends in employment practice and employment law to advise on appropriate pro-active action.
- Supporting the wider HR Team with TUPE programmes, including preparation, consultation and ensuring the relevant legislation is complied with, both at bid stage and throughout the process. Work with trade unions and contract partners as appropriate at all stages of the process.
What you'll need to succeed
- HR systems experience
- Chartered or Graduate member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development or relevant qualification
- Commercially aware
- Committed to CPD
- Full UK driving licence and willingness to travel.
- Evidence of working to tight deadlines in a pressurised role
- Excellent time management and organisation skills as we work in a high volume and fast-moving environment
- A pro-active nature as we want someone who consistently looks for ways to improve processes
- An eye for detail and someone who can analyse data and present it in a creative, informative way (e.g. using Excel, PowerPoint)
- A confident, efficient and professional telephone manner
- The ability to work autonomously, be results driven and confident in identifying solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient IT skills with experience using all relevant software packages including MS Office, email and internet
- Strong self-motivation, proactive nature and good intuition
What you'll get in return
And on top of a competitive salary and pension, you'll be able to make the most of a great benefits package, and local team based rewards depending on your role and where you're based.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.