HR Operations Manager
HR Operations Manager with a great business…
Location – Central London
Reward - Circa £45-50k per annum
Contract type - This is a permanent role
We think that this is a great business to work for…
Our client is an ambitious and successful business. Within their specialist sector they have a strong reputation built on quality. This coupled with the fact that you will be working with a great team that is good-humoured and passionate about what they do and you have a winning combo.
What will be keeping you busy?
The role of the HR Operations Manager will be varied. It will therefore be essential that the role incumbent is exceptionally well organised, has strong people management skills, is ambitious and energetic in terms of what can be achieved, is a supporter of change and is committed to continuous improvement. This role will cover a range of different types of projects, from legal and regulatory projects to operational and strategic initiatives.
You will need to be organised, tenacious and have a track record of working to deadlines. Your attention to detail will be extremely high, you will have a common sense approach and you will be able to balance HR process with business requirements.
You will be required to identify and navigate through potential road blocks, be able to identify what skills and knowledge you need within the team (or need to gain from others within the wider HR team) and have strong influencing skills in order to gain the support and momentum required at the appropriate time.
- This role oversees the administration of transactional HR work and policies such as the issuing of contracts and other paperwork, pay and bonus reviews and training activities.
- You will manage the performance and direct the work of your team members by holding regular 1:1 meetings with each team member, feedback on a timely basis, develop a coaching relationship with each team member and role model the behaviours and attitudes expected of all.
- You will set stretching objectives for each of your team members, to ensure they meet the required standards and they contribute to team / departmental objectives, as appropriate for their level of knowledge, experience and ambition.
- You will support the Head of HR in identifying reporting opportunities, provide insight through the reporting being provided and be happy to take on some of the analytical / insight work and systems administration work yourself.
- As a champion of the HR System currently in place, you will work to get the most from it so that it underpins a first class HR service for the business.
- The HR Administration team is a vital resource, central to providing the accurate and timely input of information and data, responding to employee queries.
- You will become an HR process expert and a key go-to person supporting the wider HR team in implementing the processes that are effective and fit for purpose.
This is a generalist HR post where you will be expected to roll your sleeves up and ensure that the basics are done brilliantly well. You will get to work on some interesting projects from time to time but this must not be at the expense of making sure that the day to day HR activities are delivered to a high standard.
Who are we looking for?
Someone with real attention to detail and a commercial focus. It goes without saying that you will need to be very organised. Your success will be measured by how effective HR is in supporting managers to drive organisational success. Your CV will therefore need to show how you have helped previous employers to improve key people and commercial metrics.
We are not looking for specific industry experience, but we would like to see people that have managed a transactional HR team in a high volume business. You will also need the gravitas to be credible with managers out in the business and you need to have good line management skills yourself. We want someone that can motivate the team and provide clear direction. We would like to see people that are CIPD qualified and ideally educated to degree level although this is not essential.
This is a great business with great people that love what they do. If you are professional but also able to work with good humour, you will fit right in!