HR Business Partner
Close Brothers Asset Management is one of the UK's largest and longest-established providers of high-quality financial planning advice and discretionary investment services. We aim to build and preserve our clients' wealth by providing a complete, personalised and professional service. We have specialised in managing client portfolios for over 40 years and our investment team and financial planners are supported by more than 550 staff, working from 8 offices across the UK.
About the Role
CBAM is looking to hire a HR Business Partner with the ability to work in an evolving and changing business environment. The role would partner with a number of our key business areas to plan, implement and support the HR strategy, processes and projects that fit business requirements.
- Ensure all HR processes & procedures are robust, fit for purpose and comply with legislation, constantly review the relevance, accuracy and application of all HR policies and practices
- Create and implement appropriate plans to adequately support relevant business areas.
- Input into the best use of HR data and MI, and facilitate its production where required.
- Support the business in all compensation matters including the annual compensation cycle.
- Coach and advise line managers on the management of employee related issues within their own teams and in particular provide advice on grievance, disciplinary, performance and redundancy issues
- Champion performance management across the business providing coaching to line managers
- Lead talent and succession planning initiatives for the business
- Oversee and support recruitment needs as and when required across the business. Be instrumental in reducing recruitment costs by sourcing ways to do direct recruitment. Actively participate in initiatives to improve recruitment in the organisation.
- Build and maintain key stakeholder relationships, ensuring consistency of approach
- Challenge and influence current ways of working to drive a positive change and work with the rest of the HR team to lead improvements across business area
- Lead / participate in ad hoc projects/HR initiatives as directed
- Support and work closely with all team members
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
- Experience of having successfully worked within financial services/ professional services environment
- Ability to deliver pragmatic solutions that work within a commercial environment
- Solid track record in positively influencing people at all levels within an organisation
- Confident with Microsoft Excel (at least intermediate level).
Regulatory Responsibilities (Compliance/T&C)
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the regulatory framework relevant to the role, whilst practising effective risk management taking account of outcomes for clients.
Rewards and Benefits
At Close Brothers we recognise the value of a work life balance, and have put together a benefits package that reflects this.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus
- Pension – Group Stakeholder Pension Plan provided by Friends Life; 5.3% employee and 10% employer contribution
- Life assurance – 4 times annual salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Annual Leave – minimum of 25 days as standard with the opportunity to buy up to 5 days’ additional annual leave every March
- Plus further benefits including competitive family friendly offering; information available upon request
As an employer, Close Brothers is committed to equality and valuing diversity within its workforce. We provide equality of opportunity and will aim to ensure that no employee’s or candidates are subject to discrimination on grounds of any characteristics including but not withstanding gender, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, race, colour, nationality, religion, age, disability, working pattern, caring responsibilities, political beliefs.