Our HR Business Partnering team is responsible for the development and delivery of our people strategy by providing pro-active, professional and customer focused support to the business.
As HR Adviser you will be responsible for providing advice and support to line managers and staff to ensure that HR processes are implemented consistently, and performance is maximised. You will be joining a high performing team which is well respected within the business.
This is a varied role which encompasses a full generalist remit, including acting as the first point of contact for all ER issues, working closely with HR Business Partners to manage changes such as re-organisations and TUPE transfers; coaching and supporting line managers.This role will reside in one of our zone hubs but regular engagement and travel within the zone to engage with your business colleagues is required.
- Supporting the operational functions of the business with all employee relations matters;
- Working in partnership with key internal stakeholders to execute business transformation / structural changes, including managing consultations and TUPE transfers;
- Work with colleagues to further develop and roll out the customer focused strategy and culture;
- Work with HR to support the implementation of the new HR people systems and payroll;
- Work alongside the Learning & Development team to support the development of people capability, coaching to equip them with the knowledge and skills to manage teams;
- Working with the operational stakeholders to manage people plans, including talent and succession planning, ensuring they are within established headcount and budget controls;
- Responsibility for ensuring our people understand their roles as part of our Vision, Values and performance management framework;
- Working with Hiring Managers and the Resourcing Business Partners to recruit key hires into the business;
- To assist in the delivery of development workshops in areas of HR best practices and organisation policies.
- Work with colleagues on the roll out of the Front line New Starter induction for permanent staff, return to work inductions for staff and the exit interview process, continually evaluating and reviewing the processes for improvements and making recommendations as appropriate;
- Ensure compliance and promote Equal Opportunities and diversity in all areas of HR throughout the office in projects such as diversity inclusion, disability etc.
- Provide advice and supporting document to managers and staff on escalated HR policy related queries.
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience in a generalist HR role at advisor level within a commercial organisation.
- Experience in embedding values and behaviours and customer excellence principles across a multi-site business.
- Strong experience of dealing with complex ER cases within a multi-disciplined team.
- Experience of working with managers to develop a range of succession planning and talent management initiatives in a commercial environment.
- Be an excellent communicator, be able to engage and influence stakeholders.
- Ability to operate under pressure, juggle priorities and to deal with multiple often competing requests.
- Strong team working skills and the ability to influence others.
- Experience of working in a unionised environment would be useful but not essential.
- Degree level education or equivalent through relevant training and experience.
- Ability to build effective relationships with managers and staff in order ensure process and procedures are carried out effectively and inline with Strategy.
- Ability to solve complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy-in.
- CIPD qualified or working towards.
Why you should join us
Go further in your career and join our talented community. We are different from other property and facilities management companies; we support our NHS customers to deliver healthcare premises that meet future needs for patient services and all the profit goes back to the NHS to create efficient, sustainable and modern healthcare and working environments.
We will encourage and support you, both so you can carry out your role to the best of your ability, and to have your say; recognise and reward you for your contribution and encourage you to enjoy a good work/life balance.
NHS Property Services Ltd is one of the largest property owners in the UK, with a £3 billion asset portfolio, some 4,000 properties, 3,000 employees and an annual income of over £700 million.
Established in April 2013, the company is a limited company but also part of the wider NHS family. Having inherited responsibility for the facilities and property management functions previously managed by NHS primary care trusts and strategic health authorities, we own and run properties that range from listed buildings through to award-winning, state-of-the-art integrated health campuses.
Our aim is to deliver outstanding quality across our estate in partnership with NHS organisations, generating cost efficiencies that will benefit our tenants, patients and the wider health economy.
*Competitive Salary, Car Allowance, Matched pension contributions to 6%, Life assurance and 27 days holiday*