Head of People
Head of People - Attract, engage and develop our people.
The Independent Schools Inspectorate ("ISI") is an independent body that carries out robust and high quality inspections of independent schools on behalf of the Department for Education. Through its inspections, it provides assurance to government, the public and to schools that children and young people in independent education are safe, secure and well educated. It also supports school self-improvement.
ISI is expert in its field, and puts the education and well-being of children and young people at the heart of everything it does. As a learning organisation, it runs an extensive training programme for its inspectors and also provides training and guidance on best practice for schools.
As the HR manager you will be both a strategic thinker and resilient operational manager who can successfully lead and manage all aspects of HR for the business including effective employment practice and policy development, staff and contractor recruitment and development and employment law advice. This role would suit a confident and customer focused individual who has the ability to engage with all levels of the organisation. We are eager for you to bring creativity, energy and commitment to the senior team, introducing new initiatives and ideas that will have a positive impact on the success of the business.
You will be dedicated and motivated with a high level of credibility and skills to drive the development and implementation of the people strategy, to improve performance and support the development of our people to ensure that our services are consistently best in class.
- Building and developing a strong and effective HR and training team that delivers first-rate services
- Developing and supporting staff throughout the whole employee limescale
- Leading and coaching across operational functions, strengthening overall organisational development and organisational engagement
- Managing and embedding organisational change, performance and development ensuring alignment of structures, skills, values and positive behaviours
- Leading the design and implementation of the learning and development strategy and process
- Leading the design of the overall recruitment strategy for both staff and contractor recruitment
- Development of policy, liaising with Head of Legal, Regulatory & Compliance
Key skills and experience required:
- MCIPD, or equivalent qualifications with extensive generalist HR experience, including at executive and managerial level
- Experience in designing and embedding a HR strategy
- Experience leading on culture change and organisational design initiatives
- Extensive experience in and practice of key employment policies such as ER, Recruitment, Training & Development
- Experience in resolving employee relations cases
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate a strong customer focused ethos and demonstrate excellent stakeholder management
- Ability to influence, motivate and enable the provision of collaborative working
- A commitment to developing staff to support business priorities
- Strong project management skills
- Resilience to manage through change
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is part of Morgan Philips Group and is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.
We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.