MARYLEBONE CRICKET CLUB - Human Resources Administrator
Department Human Resources
Reporting to HR Manager
Dimensions of Role
Hours: 09:00hrs to 17:00hrs, Monday to Friday (inclusive), including one hour unpaid lunch on each day worked; making a total of 35 working hours per week.
Key Purpose of Role
To support the HR Department with the provision of a consistent and comprehensive HR administrative service.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
- Ensuring that candidate records are kept up to date.
- Assisting with advertising job roles both internally and externally.
- Liaising with internal stakeholders and candidates to set up interviews.
- Booking interview rooms, equipment and refreshments as required.
- Creating new starter packs including the drafting of offer letters and contracts, using pre-existing templates.
- Assisting the HR Manager with scheduling Induction sessions.
- Processing reference checks.
Creating individual personnel files and CIPHR records. §Ensuring all new starter documentation and right to work checks are in place prior to start date.
- Updating and maintaining employee records. .
- Assisting in providing monthly information to Payroll.
- Updating attendance and sickness records.
Learning and Development
- Coordinating delegate lists and sending out training information.
- Booking meeting rooms, equipment and refreshments.
- Sending out training session invitations and tracking responses.
- Emailing prompts/reminders to employees in relation to learning activities.
- Tracking attendance and cancellations at individual, Department and Club level to produce monthly reports.
- Monitoring of the HR Department Outlook Inboxes.
- Updating the Employee Directory and Internal Phone list
- Providing administrative support throughout the employee life cycle.
- Dealing with general internal and external enquires.
- Responding to reference requests.
- Ad-hoc support and involvement on projects.
This job profile is not an exhaustive or definitive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job profile and duties might be amended as the job evolves in light of the needs of the business and/or at the discretion of management.
Variations of job relating to Major Matches
- Attend at all Major Matches with extended hours as appropriate.
- Assist the Catering and Stewarding Departments with the check-in and check-out procedures of casual workers.
- Any other duties as required whether in the Department or elsewhere around the Ground.
Values and Behaviours
- Have a positive and proactive approach to all elements of the role.
- Take responsibility for own actions and outputs.
- Be respectful to all MCC employees, casual workers, Members and visitors.
- Actively promote team work by supporting others and sharing knowledge.
- Deliver high quality work/service in a timely way.
- Actively work to help improve standards across the Department.
Health and Safety
- At all times be responsible for the safety of yourself and others through adherence to MCC (and legal) safety rules and procedures
- Be familiar with fire procedures and evacuation procedures and be prepared to operate when /if trained as Fire Warden.
Person Specifications, Skills & Qualifications
- Experience of working in a similar HR role.
- A genuine interest in Human Resources and Learning & Development
- Ability to work with confidential material with absolute discretion.
- Ability to multi-task and change priorities at short notice.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail.
- A good working knowledge of MS Office applications (particularly Word and Excel).
- Self-motivated to achieve a high standard of work.
- Ambition, passion and enthusiasm towards work.
- A understanding of employment legislation.
- Working knowledge of HR Systems and/or CiPHR.
- An interest in cricket.