International HR Officer
Reporting into the Head of HR, the International HR Officer will provide managers with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities to ensure a high quality and consistent approach.
Our client is a Global Charity headquartered in London
The International HR Officer will have the following duties:
- Provide managers with expert guidance, coaching and support on the full range of HR activities to ensure a high quality and consistent approach.
- Manage emerging staff issues, disciplinary and grievance matters, working with the Head of HR as appropriate.
- Deliver process improvements across the HR function which ensures efficiency and meets compliance requirements, with an initial focus on developing these systems in our regional offices
- In partnership with the Head of HR, develop and maintain comprehensive and up to date HR policies and procedures to support the consistent management of staff across the organisation.
- Support the Head of Human Resources in developing regional terms and conditions consistent with the organisation's HR principles and local employment laws
- Manage and review performance appraisal system and policy, supporting staff and line managers to ensure the process is completed satisfactorily and that staff development plans are implemented and reviewed.
- Co-ordinate and evaluate organisational training and learning initiatives (eg. management development programme, staff surveys)
The successful postholder will have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in an HR Management role for an international organization
- Experience in the development and implementation of employment policies and procedures internationally;
- Proven record of managing complex employee relations cases
- Knowledge of providing an integrated HR approach across different geographic regions and cultures;
- Prior experience of recruitment, staff development and appraisal processes
- Proven track record in delivering successful and complex employment-related change programmes and wellbeing programmes in demanding and fast-paced environments;
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong UK Employment Law experience
- Strong commercial focus
- Knowledge of one or more languages (Swahili, Burmese, Spanish, French, Arabic or Portuguese) is highly desirable
- Chartered MCIPD (or equivalent professional qualification);
Immediate start with c.3 month contract with possibility of extension. Daily rate £200-215 (LTD/Umbrella) dependant on experience