HR Manager Europe
As HR Manager Europe, based in High Wycombe, you will have full responsibility for the HR function across each of our client's offices, on a daily basis providing a comprehensive and effective HR service to all staff and managers. This will include: HR policies and procedures; HR Systems; Pay and Benefits; Inductions; Employee Relations; Performance Management.
Our client is owned by a major retail franchise network, and runs contracts on their behalf for about 5000 franchisees across Europe.
As HR Manager Europe you will have responsibility for the HR function, across each of the offices, on a daily basis providing a comprehensive and effective HR service to all staff and managers. This will include: HR policies and procedures; HR Systems; Pay and Benefits; Inductions; Employee Relations; Performance Management.
- Managing the HR Team to deliver a comprehensive HR service to the business.
- Advise managers and staff in the application of HR policies and procedures.
- Own and develop the company induction process, including liaison with new starters and managers to produce individual plans, new starter packs and checklists.
- Work with the senior leadership team and line managers to upskill, assist and advise them in carrying out their responsibilities on all HR matters.
- In conjunction with the leadership team, lead on the annual review, preparation and administration of the performance management system (including salary benchmarking and awards).
- Keep up to date with developments in employment legislation and HR best practice, and share knowledge within the team to ensure Company compliance and continuous development and improvement.
- Analyse and present on HR metrics, making recommendations to the leadership team that align to the business strategy.
- Provide advice and support for the effective management of employee relations casework: including disciplinary, grievance, performance management and absence.
- Performance management: coaching managers on performance management issues and processes.
- Learning and development: providing guidance on development for managers and their teams; Implementing the Learning and development agenda; identify areas that need attention and improvement.
- Ensuring all company policies and procedures are up to date in line with current employment law and that managers are up to date with changes to any policies.
- Working with senior managers, coaching them and advising on all people issues.
- Creating, planning and leading specific HR projects.
- Ensuring processes are fit for purpose and continuously looking at ways to improve.
- Salary benchmarking using in-house tools and playing a significant role in the annual salary review and bonus award program.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory body requirements, in particular be the HR teams lead on GDPR.
- Coach and develop line managers to increase their effectiveness in managing individuals and team performance.
- Produce and analyse HR Management Information and HR Board Reports.
- Work to continuously to improve the HR services delivered and enhance organisational performance.
For this HR Manager Europe role in High Wycombe, our client is looking for candidates who can offer the following:
Qualifications, skills and knowledge:
- Must be CIPD Level 7.
- A proven track record of leading the delivery of HR functions to a high standard.
- A proven track record as a HR generalist.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law, preferably across Europe.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with ability to confidently advise managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- The ability to originate, plan and lead HR related projects.
- Experience in developing HR policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance.
- Ability to create and manage the development and maintenance of learning and development programmes for all levels of staff.
- Knowledge and experience of introducing new ideas to improve employee engagement.
- Experience in talent management, succession planning and development.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- A proactive 'can do' attitude with a positive approach to problem solving.
- Calm under pressure and confidence to set and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working in a small team where flexibility, adaptability is required.
- Experience using People HR software would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent IT skills Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent listening skills and ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Discretion, honesty and trustworthiness.
This role in High Wycombe offers a strong benefits package including:
- 10% bonus scheme.
- 25 days holiday.
- Pension scheme - matched up to 5%.
- Vitality Healthcare.
- Life Assurance x 4 times annual salary.