Employee Relations Case Manager
Job Title: Employee Relations Case Manager
Location: South London (Waterloo/Southwark)
Contract type: fixed term contract (potentially temp to perm if of interest)
Reward: FTC salary of circa £45k
Duration: 6 months initially
What can we tell you about this fantastic client?
We don’t want to say too much about what the client does at the moment as that would ruin the surprise.
What we can say is that this is a really lovely business with great people that love what they do. You will be working in a noisy and vibrant office with hard working and good humoured colleagues. It is a sociable atmosphere whilst offering an environment that is respectful and understanding of how busy people can be in HR.
The nature of the business means that there are around 1700 working in the business area that you would be supporting. This creates broad spectrum of ER case work (that is fairly straightforward) and this is where you come in…
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring that managers have the tools and access to advice needed to effectively manage the performance of their employees.
- Coaching and influencing all Managers to ensure that decisions are in line with current legislation while remaining commercially aware.
- Taking ownership of complex ER cases, trade union discussions and other areas where HR expertise is required to minimise risk to the Division.
- Being visible in order for managers and employees to have easy access to assist with employee challenges or concerns.
- Acting as the employment legal expert and provide timely advice on matters, following-up with managers to make sure their intervention has been successful and to offer any further assistance needed.
- Acting as a mediation or escalation point in disputes or formal proceedings
- Ensuring that all cases are advised on and managed in line with policies and procedures and are managed through to conclusion.
Who are we looking for?
We looking for someone who can handle a reasonable case load (20ish at any one time) which can be anything from a probation review to a tribunal case and everything in between.
We are seeking HR professionals with extensive knowledge of HR and Employee Relations who also possess strong commercial awareness and business acumen. This role is a key to the success of the organisation and interested candidates must be able to demonstrate experience in all areas of this job.
You will possess the ability to challenge and influence key decision makers with an assertive and confident approach.
We are looking for a strong generalist HR background and experience of complex HR issues including TUPE, change management and headcount growth.
We would like to see someone from a Commercial environment, who is used to dealing with volume but also is pretty resilient and highly organised.
Whoever does this role will need to have sufficient nous and employment law understanding.
Essentially we are after someone with strong knowledge of employment law, the processes around ER case work and a good amount of common sense that enables you to know when a formal approach is required.
This would suit someone that might be a career contractor working as an ER Manager or it might suit a generalist that has handled high volumes of ER case work. We would like to see people that can start ASAP.