HR Service Advisor
The role of the HR Service Advisor is to deliver a professional service to all departments throughout the organisation. Working as part of a proactive People team to provide pragmatic, creative and business focused solutions and recommendations across the organisation.
A renowned organisation within the not for profit industry, based in the Woking area with five other sites across the country.
Key responsibilities of the HR Service Advisor:
Full range of HR administration including employee life cycle, benefits and pension process
First line support and advice on all people queries (including first level employee relation issues) across the organisation, keeping the People Business Partners (PBP) informed and escalating more complex queries to the relevant PBP.
- Assisting in reviewing and updating HR policies and relevant correspondence and ensuring these are in line with the current legislation.
- Responding in a timely manner to any queries or problems from employees and Managers.
- Liaise with Payroll to ensure all compensation information is captured accurately on a timely basis for the monthly payroll.
- Ensuring all electronic people files, databases and records are kept up to date at all times with current information.
- Ensuring all service level agreements are adhered to at all times.
- Undertaking other duties as may reasonably be required.
Responsible for HR processes including but not limited to:
- Contractual changes including annual pay reviews
- Benefits and pensions administration
- Sickness logging and running reports
- Redundancy administration
- Maternity / paternity administration
- Flexible working
- Processing of DBS checks for employees and volunteers
- Keeping all Management Information trackers up to date
- Sound knowledge of HR processes and procedures, including recruitment.
- Good working knowledge of an HR and/or recruitment database (currently this is iTrent).
- Exposure of working in an HR admin capacity covering all HR processes.
- Exposure of providing first line advice to managers on people matters including recruitment.
- Exposure of providing advice remotely, as the organisation currently has five sites across the country.
- CIPD qualified or working towards Level 3/5
Skills of the HR Service Advisor:
- Proactive approach and solutions focussed.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with internal stakeholders, providing excellence in customer service through each interaction.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to deal with a high volume of work and competing priorities.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel including producing reports, mail merge, sorting and manipulating data.
- Use of database applications including reporting and extracting data.
- Demonstrates speed of learning when faced with new challenges. Applies previous exposure and knowledge to solving problems.
- Practical and logical; able to solve problems and enjoys getting 'stuck in'.
- A positive 'can do' attitude.
A permanent role offering a salary up to £25,000 - £27,000.
Based in Woking area, just off the M25 - not reachable via public transport.
Lots of parking on-site.