Employment Law Consultant (HR)
To provide HR and Employment Law Advice to the wide variety of clients operating throughout various industries across the UK
The role requires you to work within a team providing legally compliant advice and HR assistance to clients, by telephone and email, in order to support the needs of the individual client, to highlight any options that are non-compliant and to ensure the client is fully aware of the risk these options present.
Shifts: 2-week pattern
-Week 1: Mon, Tue, Wed | 20.45-8.30
-Week 2: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thurs | 20.45-8.15
- To work in line with the departmental KPIs, ensuring support is provided to clients in a productive manner with quality sound advice and within set SLAs.
- To ensure that personal knowledge of employment law and HR best practice is continually updated.
- To advise, assist and guide clients with all employment law/HR enquiries received.
- To actively own cases to resolution, building rapport and relationships with clients on each interaction.
- To ensure that all advice is recorded accurately against the appropriate cases and all other client and call information is correctly captured on the database.
- To take ownership and responsibility for ongoing cases.
- To provide support and advice to clients in regards to information/documentation to assist them in implementing the advice provided, this will include drafting correspondence when appropriate.
- Review client documentation and provide advice accordingly taking the client's internal terms and conditions into account.
- Attend legal briefings and internal company training to ensure that advice provided is compliant with current law and our service standards.
- Ensure departmental protocols are adhered to ensuring a high quality level of service is provided at all times.
- Attend client visits, meetings and conference calls as required to assist/advise with any employment law/HR related matters.
- To assist with requests for articles or taking part in Webinars, which have an employment law/HRM/employee relations element.
- To offer clients options regarding the take up if other products we provide and make recommendations accordingly.
- Attend departmental or office team meetings.
- Maintain a professional and responsible attitude at all times.
- Able to work as part of a busy team.
- Carry out any other tasks deemed necessary by the Management Team from time to time.
What you Bring to the Team
- Can-do attitude, a thirst for knowledge and the ability to communicate effectively within the team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure.
- Broad knowledge of employment law and HRM.
- An enthusiasm for generating new business referrals.
- Ability to learn, research and interpret law quickly and effectively.
- Ability to prioritise and work unsupervised as required.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- MS Office knowledge and experience.