Group HR Manager
The Group Human Resources Manager reports to the CFO and manages a Group HR Administrator. The role is based at the Group office and currently supports a headcount of circa 200 staff. The Group HR Manager is responsible for managing and overseeing the day to day transactional HR administration and to also provide specialist HR advice and support across multiple sites and jurisdictions.
My client are Information Technology company
- Ensure HR policies and procedures are reviewed and updated to remain legally compliant in line with changes to employment law. As and when procedural issues arise, liaison with locally appointed employment lawyers will be required to understand the options available and the preferred approach to follow.
- Responsible for maintaining company policies and procedures via the Intranet and/or Company Handbook ensuring documents are available and that communication and application of company policy is consistent, including where there has been adaptation for local legal compliance.
- Overseeing the Annual Compensation Review and Bonus process from start to end, including guidance to line managers, collation and coordination of relevant data through liaison with sites, preparation of all working sheets to provide necessary comparisons, and organisation of all necessary meetings to enable recommendations to reach approval stage. Following completion of the approval process, oversee the implementation and confirmation of the review via individualised correspondence (mail merge).
- Create and own an appraisal process for the Company to apply in conjunction with its annual compensation review exercise.
- Responsible for providing guidance to sites on benefit entitlements, obtaining local legal advice where appropriate to do so.
- Ensures the administration of UK benefits is carried out by the HR Administrator.
- Responsible for the review of benefit providers on an annual basis to ensure the company is maximising the value of these benefits and that the overall benefits package reflects market conditions for employees within the constraints of contractual obligation (Including company pension schemes, life assurance, permanent health insurance, private medical insurance, and any other benefits).
- Oversees the maintenance and updating of HR records in accordance with data protection requirements and annual statutory reporting within the UK, and for the controlled transfer of employment related documents between the UK and global sites.
- Owns and manages the Company's HR database, ensuring the employee records are kept up to date and accurate at all times. Overseeing the site management information generated by the HR Administrator on a periodic and ad hoc basis. Development and continuous improvement of the HRMS to better facilitate the achievement of business objectives (including reports, statistics and projections).
- Responsible for building and maintaining relationships with recruitment agencies and recruiters who are connected within the data centre industry and understand the niche requirements of roles within the business. Negotiating and achieving favourable terms of business.
- Providing line managers with support through the recruitment process from initial drafting of the recruitment authorisation form (RAF) through to the new employees arrival: briefing agencies, reviewing candidate's CV's, performing interviews.
- Ensuring that due diligence requirements are implemented for new recruits including referencing, ensuring eligibility to work, and visa arrangements.
- Responsible for role of Authorising Officer, and Level 1 User for the Government Sponsorship system ensuring correct process is followed in applying for any necessary work visas.
- Responsible for overseeing the production of all UK Offer letters, Service Agreements and Trust and Confidence Agreements for employees. When engaging the services of contractors and consultants, responsible for managing the production of all UK Contractor Agreements, ensuring the provision of necessary insurances
- Provides guidance and support to management around employment issues including restructuring (redundancy, TUPE) and dispute resolution (grievances, disciplinary issues, under performance issues), and recommend effective solutions are delivered by the business, which are ethically and legally sound, liaising as necessary with local legal advisors to obtain any locally applicable legal advice.
- CIPD qualified.
- Degree level education.
Essential Previous Experience:
- Substantial generalist experience within the Human Resources function of a multi-national organisation.
- Sound experience using HR databases (currently using Simplify);
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office skills especially Excel and Word.
- Commercial awareness; recognising and taking into account the broader business implications of HR interventions.
- Complex thinking - ability to identify patterns between ideas or situations that are not obviously related using creative and conceptual reasoning.
- Tenacious, willing to take the initiative, a self-starter that has a flexible approach with changing roles and situations.
- Effective communication skills are required to communicate across the company, including very good numeracy skills, to carry out reporting to Senior Management.
- Relevant Degree or Master's degree i.e. BA or MA Personnel & Development, or International HRM.
Desirable Previous Experience:
- Experience within an international working environment.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- i.e. Fluency in one or more other European languages.
- Specialist skills which complement the role i.e. coaching skills, psychometric testing skills.
£70,000 - £100,000 plus bonus and benefits